Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Dilema. Do you catch it again today or wait for the final tomorrow. Or both??
    JW did it at 1000 Islands. He added the fishes weight to the way point. He ran his best 5 day2 of his group. Marked a bunch more for knock out round. He ran his best 5 and also caught others to mark weights to be added to way points. Ran all his marked fish in final to catch what he needed to stay at top of final leader board.

I will have to assume that is what is being done at Cayuga right now.

2. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZII View Post
    JW did it at 1000 Islands. He added the fishes weight to the way point. He ran his best 5 day2 of his group. Marked a bunch more for knock out round. He ran his best 5 and also caught others to mark weights to be added to way points. Ran all his marked fish in final to catch what he needed to stay at top of final leader board.

I will have to assume that is what is being done at Cayuga right now.
    If you put them in the livewell. Drive them 50 miles away. Release the one's that live. You would take care of that problem.

3. Member
    If you put them in the livewell. Drive them 50 miles away. Release the one's that live. You would take care of that problem.
    I hear you. Not a fan of what is going on.
    Also not a fan the MLF can conduct a tournament of waters where bass are in a catch and release period, June 15 is official regular bass season.

This tournament would not happen in other counties of NY and never during the catch and release season in PA.

4. dartag1829
    Also not a fan the MLF can conduct a tournament of waters where bass are in a catch and release period, June 15 is official regular bass season.

This tournament would not happen in other counties of NY and never during the catch and release season in PA.
    Do Kayak guys have tournaments this time of year. In Michigan we have catch and release all year. The Kayak guys can have events as soon as the ice is out. They catch and measure on a board then take a photo with a indetifier in the photo. Then release the fish.

Don’t tournament golfers try to put their ball in the same 18 holes three times over the course of a tournament?

With all the money and excitement that golf tournaments generate, bass fishing is on the right track with the contestants taking turns catching the same 18 fish over and over again.

I don’t see a problem. They are catching a releasing.

7. Member
    Do Kayak guys have tournaments this time of year. In Michigan we have catch and release all year. The Kayak guys can have events as soon as the ice is out. They catch and measure on a board then take a photo with a indetifier in the photo. Then release the fish.
    In PA in the catch and release season it is CATCH AND IMMEDIATE RELEASE, no pics, no measure, no weigh, no paper tournaments, AND NO CASTING TO VISIBLE BASS ON REDS(beds).

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    see post #27

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Other counties of NY are not allowed to target bass in the closed season.

10. dartag1829
    Does bass season inPA open tomorrow. I see kayak events

https://tourneyx.com/app/category/ka...-of-western-pa

11. Member
    Does bass season inPA open tomorrow. I see kayak events

https://tourneyx.com/app/category/ka...-of-western-pa
    YES
    Always 2nd Saturday in June in PA. Actually 12:01 am tonight.

In PA in the catch and release season it is CATCH AND IMMEDIATE RELEASE, no pics, no measure, no weigh, no paper tournaments, AND NO CASTING TO VISIBLE BASS ON REDS(beds).
    Yea in PA. this event is in NY. Just because I live in NY doesn’t mean I can get all bent that Connecticut can host pre spawn events like Thayers or Reynolds has on candlewood in April.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    Yea in PA. this event is in NY. Just because I live in NY doesn’t mean I can get all bent that Connecticut can host pre spawn events like Thayers or Reynolds has on candlewood in April.
    I know this and the regulations pertaining to this water in that county.

Go try that on Black Lake right now and let me know how it plays out for you. Make sure you have a spinnerbait and chatterbait tied on and on deck.

I have never fished Candlewood, so I don't know their laws for bass. I would have to guess it is OPEN all year to POSSESS bass during that time there to have catch, hall, and weigh tournaments.

14. Member
    There have been paper tournaments in PA before the season starts since the beginning of time. Also, as far as not targeting bedding bass I would guess you have never been to Presque Isle Bay. As I type this there are probably 200 boats power poled down on bedding smallmouth. Plenty of fish are weighed, photo’d and released. The fish commission is patrolling all the time and nobody gets in trouble for “targeting” bass. Also, there is a precedent for major Tournament Circuits working with states to change rules for specific tournaments. See: MLF at Lake Cumberland a few years back getting permission to weigh in fish within the slot.

15. Member
    Well that’s why they’re not in PA. Lol. That’s a law most states don’t have.

16. dartag1829
    You guys complaining need a Kayak. Been events all spring on Cayuga. Posted this in another thread since I am waiting for my jigs to get done curing power coat.

cay.JPG

17. Member
    You guys complaining need a Kayak. Been events all spring on Cayuga. Posted this in another thread since I am waiting for my jigs to get done curing power coat.

cay.JPG
    Anyone know the law for other NY counties? Are there counties in NY that dont allow bed fishing and catch and release tournys?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pghbass View Post
    There have been paper tournaments in PA before the season starts since the beginning of time. Also, as far as not targeting bedding bass I would guess you have never been to Presque Isle Bay. As I type this there are probably 200 boats power poled down on bedding smallmouth. Plenty of fish are weighed, photo’d and released. The fish commission is patrolling all the time and nobody gets in trouble for “targeting” bass. Also, there is a precedent for major Tournament Circuits working with states to change rules for specific tournaments. See: MLF at Lake Cumberland a few years back getting permission to weigh in fish within the slot.
    That's because there is no way to prosecute bed fishing in PA? How can they prove someone was casting towards a bed? Put a diver in the water with a camera? Only time I heard of them writing citations was a few years back when they closed down parts of the Susquehanna completely to bass fishing and they prosecuted guys that posted pics on social media. Other than that I've never heard of anything. The PFBC could care less about Bass and bass fishing. I figured they would eventually open season year round in PA.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pghbass View Post
    9D5EE10C-B5A0-4D4E-B916-BEFB61B43F0B.jpeg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast