Thread: CA yet again

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2. Member
    Raise your hand if you're surprised. I'll be sitting on mine

3. Member
    That's discriminatory and racist if true.

4. Member
    Reverse discrimination.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

5. Member
    Probably fake news, but it surely wouldn’t surprise me out there.

6. Member
    Did anyone actually read the article? Typical click bait where a headline is used to infuriate readers and only in paragraph 5, buried between more inflammatory commentary, does it say that the law has nothing to do with race.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    Probably fake news, but it surely wouldn’t surprise me out there.
    Unfortunately, most likely not fake news. What they are doing and/or trying to do over there is unbelievable.
    New York is following their lead....they installed a vending machine this week that distributes crack pipes and narcan.

8. Member
    Why would anyone waste their time reading such garbage if so entitled?

9. Member
    I didn't see anything in the bill written in the article being racist. It appears though they may be hampering late enforcement to do their jobs. I don't want ticket, but there are times when some people need one. There are life safety issues that perhaps be hampered by ticketing.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

10. Member
    I think the logic is, why are police wasting their time pulling over cars for expired plates when mailing them a citation would be more efficient and far less dangerous for both the LEO and the driver. We already do it with red-light cameras, saves money and time.

11. Member
    Nothing like this surprises me anymore.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisMH&F View Post
    Did anyone actually read the article? Typical click bait where a headline is used to infuriate readers and only in paragraph 5, buried between more inflammatory commentary, does it say that the law has nothing to do with race.
    Was thinking the same thing....this was written with a purpose.
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

Senate sponsor, Senator Steven Bradford (D-Gardena), said that he wrote the bill to stop “racial profiling".

Seems like it has everything to do with race.

Did you read it? If so then you missed a pretty important quote.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Did you read it? If so then you missed a pretty important quote.
    I read the article and the quote. Being opposed to racism isn't a bad thing, right? Here is a copy of the bill, I don't see anything regarding race anywhere, it simply prohibits a LEO from detaining a motorist (of any race) for low level violations unless other cause exists and to send a citation via mail.

SB 50, as amended, Bradford. Vehicles: enforcement.Existing law authorizes a peace officer to make an arrest pursuant to a warrant or without a warrant if, among other circumstances, the officer has probable cause to believe that the person has committed a public offense in the officer’s presence. Under existing law, it is unlawful to disobey the lawful order, signal, or direction of a uniformed peace officer performing any duties pursuant to the Vehicle Code or to refuse to submit to any lawful vehicular inspection authorized by the Vehicle Code.
    Existing case law deems a temporary detention of a person during an automobile stop by the police, even if only for a brief period and for a limited purpose, a seizure, under the Fourth Amendment of the Constitution of the United States, and as such, requires the actions to be reasonable. Under existing case law, the decision to stop an automobile is reasonable if the police have probable cause to believe that a traffic violation has occurred. Existing case law holds that constitutional reasonableness of traffic stops does not depend on the actual motivations of the individual officers involved and that ulterior motives do not invalidate police conduct that is justifiable on the basis of probable cause to believe that a violation of law has occurred.
    This bill would prohibit a peace officer from stopping or detaining the operator of a motor vehicle or bicycle for a low-level infraction, as defined, unless a separate, independent basis for a stop exists. The bill would authorize a peace officer who does not have grounds to stop a vehicle or bicycle, but can determine the identity of the owner, to send a citation or warning letter to the owner.
    The bill would authorize local authorities to enforce a violation of the Vehicle Code through government employees who are not peace officers

16. Member
    If you understand that bill you should be a lawyer not a cop.

17. Member
    I think the logic is, why are police wasting their time pulling over cars for expired plates when mailing them a citation would be more efficient and far less dangerous for both the LEO and the driver. We already do it with red-light cameras, saves money and time.
    As usual
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX
    Mercury 250 4 Stroke

18. Member
    The sponsor of the bill said its purpose was to prevent blacks from being profiled. That's racist and hurtful. It's silly to even point out that the actual bill doesn't actually say "...so blacks won't get pulled over" because he came out and said it.
    Racial profiling is just a lie for political gain. Out of the millions of police interactions and confrontations every day, the activists find one or two bad ones and scream "all police are out to get you because your black". They don't do that to help black people. They do it to scare them into voting their way. Period.
    You do something to get pulled over, and you get pulled over. You don"t and you won't. It's that simple.
    This systematic racism is a harmful lie. A black kid doesn't get a job and, instead of being told he needs more experience or education, he hears his skin is the wrong color. Since he can't change his skin color, he finds no use in getting more education or skills.
    Now, with idiotic laws like this, he figures there's no reason to register his car if they can't pull me over for it.

19. Member
    And now your friendly neighborhood rapist/ murderer/ kidnapper has no fear of being pulled over for invalid tags either...... and the opportunity to scoop him up on that outstanding warrant just slipped away.

Why bother having police at all Dennis?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast