Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SKfishing View Post
    I had a bite outside that fence in practice, but never went there in the tournament. This one is a solid no from me. That fence line is as posted as you can get.
    Would it be possible to get a shot underneath it? It looks like it may be a foot or so off the water?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by morrcat33 View Post
    for what it's worth, Edwin Evers chainsawed his way into a backwater sneak hole of mine on the mississippi river to win the first ever redcrest, a few years ago...
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Great stuff, Poche needs to do something like this once a week and keep things stirred up.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianKF View Post
    Was the water off limits though and if so would it be legal? Obviously physically trespassing onto the structure would be off limits. I don't know what the whole scene is so I'm necessarily judging right or wrong yet.
    I’m assuming you didn’t read all the post on here?

5. dartag1829
    Something tells me me he was fishing for more than fish. Looks like guys are taking the bait. Getting him views and comments. Genius. Got to be good when Flowers is commenting.

6. Member
    for what it's worth, Edwin Evers chainsawed his way into a backwater sneak hole of mine on the mississippi river to win the first ever redcrest, a few years ago...
    he should be srtripped of that title. I ain't a fan of him either BTW.
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

7. Member
    Oh look, Poche is cheating again. Pretty amazing he had a less than stellar fishing career until he started cheating.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Something tells me me he was fishing for more than fish. Looks like guys are taking the bait. Getting him views and comments. Genius. Got to be good when Flowers is commenting.
    Yep he sure knows how to feed the BBC Beast so it starts Belching Out Posts about him.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    A fellow BASS Elite angler has posted on this thread verifying the area as being off limits. The rules seem to be pretty clear that you cannot even cast into an off limits area so if this was during the event and he did in fact cast over that fence then he might have broken a tournament rule.
    It doesn't matter where you are physically at. Your bait cannot be in an off limits area.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bass...obile&ie=UTF-8
    I don't know what the area looks like so I'm just curious was the whole area off limits or just the structure itself and.what the intended purpose of the structure and the surrounding area is. There are many places on the coast market off limits but I can still fish them from a boat but not from land. The few that may say do not enter I can still legally cast into them. I've asked. These are always state/gov controlled areas.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnewer View Post
    Somebody check on gee man. I’m sure as soon as he saves some cr2ck head from an abusive relationship,he’ll jump on the you too soon and let us know what the rule book says.
    You feeling alright, early signs of a stroke?
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX
    Mercury 250 4 Stroke

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Dang someone works for a long time finding a backwater sneak hole then some Pro tears it up with a Chainsaw wins a Tournament inviting the whole world to share it.

Never cared one way or the other about Keith before ,,But do love his style and he clearly got shafted at Toledo Bend , and now since so many on BBC hate the man , I'm really starting to like the guy,,,, don't keep up with the any of the tours but no need since all you haters on here will keep me informed ,,, man if this guy happens to win,,,, some of you will be in curled up in a ball crying like a little girl ,,,,,

Now carry on

Justice for Keith Poche

I don't know what the area looks like so I'm just curious was the whole area off limits or just the structure itself and.what the intended purpose of the structure and the surrounding area is. There are many places on the coast market off limits but I can still fish them from a boat but not from land. The few that may say do not enter I can still legally cast into them. I've asked. These are always state/gov controlled areas.

BASS rules say you can't cast into off limits water. Doesn't matter what it looks like.

14. Member
    What makes that spot off limits? On that lake if you post your dock is it off limits? If you fence your dock and post it does that make it off limits? There isn't much context other than an angler in the tx stating it is off limits.

15. Member
    As long as he's not trespassing unto the structure I really don't see anything wrong with what he is doing at the moment. It'd be like casting over a dock or even just a cable the way I see it. Just a very tall one. I wouldn't do that if the dock is occupied though.
    I don’t necessarily disagree, but from a BASS rules standpoint, they hammer home the “treat it like a brick wall” mantra. My understanding of the rules is, if it is posted no trespassing, no boats, or no fishing, we cannot cast into it. There are places where I can pull up to a cable and bomb a 1 oz bait up to the spillway in FLW, but not in BASS.
    Last edited by SKfishing; 06-08-2023 at 07:38 AM.

16. Member
    I can't wait to see his results on the northern swing with his flat bottom duck boat in 5fters!! Better bring your welder Keith

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    BASS rules say you can't cast into off limits water. Doesn't matter what it looks like.
    Yeah I'm not questioning the rules, just the legality and or meaning of the sign. I say that just because civilians, and some companies will try and post these signs as legal all the time to keep people out of the surrounding water. I personally wouldn't cast over a fence like that during a tournament if it was posted though rather the posting be legal or questionable.

18. Member
    damn, 3 pages and nobody asked about where the video came from? Seems like it was filmed from his boat?

I don’t necessarily disagree, but from a BASS rule’s standpoint, they hammer home the “treat it like a brick wall” mantra. My understanding of the rules is, if it is posted no trespassing, no boats, or no fishing, we cannot cast into it. There are places where I can pull up to a cable and bomb a 1 oz bait up to the spillway in FLW, but not in BASS.

20. Member
    I don’t necessarily disagree, but from a BASS rule’s standpoint, they hammer home the “treat it like a brick wall” mantra. My understanding of the rules is, if it is posted no trespassing, no boats, or no fishing, we cannot cast into it. There are places where I can pull up to a cable and bomb a 1 oz bait up to the spillway in FLW, but not in BASS.
    Yeah I totally get that. I just commented on mark's post basically saying a similar thing you just stated.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast