Mega SI transducer from factory?

How’s the placement of the transducer on the back of the boat from Phoenix am I going to have to level it or should it be good to go from the factory?
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

2. Member
    I can't say 100%, up until not to long ago they were mounted to the glass. I relocated mine immediately to the jackplate. It was talked about here not to long ago. Phoenix should or maybe does offer this as an option. They didn't when I bought mine boat.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

3. Member
    Spoke to the factory about a week ago to finalize my tour. This topic came up. They still mount to the glass. There was no mention of a factory option for mounting to the jackplate, which is what I want. I wonder if they would just run the cable and leave the transducer secured somewhere and let me mount it?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishingKY View Post
    Spoke to the factory about a week ago to finalize my tour. This topic came up. They still mount to the glass. There was no mention of a factory option for mounting to the jackplate, which is what I want. I wonder if they would just run the cable and leave the transducer secured somewhere and let me mount it?
    Yes or at least they did mine. They also mounted my puck where I wanted. Along with running wires for all the graphs but not mounting them either.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

5. Member
    I was aware of it being mounted to the boat Phoenix told me it was the best location for it I was just wondering how it performed straight from the factory or if I was going to have to tweak it a little.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

Usually the factory mount is very good and little to no adjustment would need to be made. They center it right below the jack plate. Tilting would be the only thing needed to do. Which tilting would need to be done based on how the boat sits level in the water or how fast you typically idle. Personally I had my boat ordered with no transducers installed on the back and was able to mount them how I wanted to. Which was similar to Phoenix but I have 2 of them so I spread them out.

Here is mine. IMG_5617.jpeg

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    Usually the factory mount is very good and little to no adjustment would need to be made. They center it right below the jack plate. Tilting would be the only thing needed to do. Which tilting would need to be done based on how the boat sits level in the water or how fast you typically idle. Personally I had my boat ordered with no transducers installed on the back and was able to mount them how I wanted to. Which was similar to Phoenix but I have 2 of them so I spread them out.

Here is mine. IMG_5617.jpeg
    Thanks in the pictures my dealer sent me my transducer seems quite angled I’ll check it out when I actually get the boat th the water and check it’s level with how the boat sits while graphing.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

Quote Originally Posted by born 2 fish View Post
    Thanks in the pictures my dealer sent me my transducer seems quite angled I’ll check it out when I actually get the boat th the water and check it’s level with how the boat sits while graphing.
    It’s only loosening 2 bolts to adjust the transducer angle. I typically adjust mine to a spot I think is good. Then I check it on the water. Then load the boat on the trailer and adjust it again. If the image gets worse then I adjust back the other way. Usually takes 3-4-5 adjustments to get it right. But I really put time into my electronics. Most people don’t even care about angle or image quality.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    It’s only loosening 2 bolts to adjust the transducer angle. I typically adjust mine to a spot I think is good. Then I check it on the water. Then load the boat on the trailer and adjust it again. If the image gets worse then I adjust back the other way. Usually takes 3-4-5 adjustments to get it right. But I really put time into my electronics. Most people don’t even care about angle or image quality.
    I have leveled mine on my old boats I get the boat moving about 3 mph then I take a small level and put it on the gunnel and add quarters under the level until it’s level. Then put those quarters in a baggie and go home and put those same quarters under the level in the same spot I did on the water use the trailer Jack to get it level exactly like it was on the water. And then put the level on the transducer and then make that level it works perfect. I’ll just plan on taking a pocket full of quarters and my level out with me the first time I drop her in the water..
    Not my video but this is exactly what I do.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JuYsmJRc_fE&pp=ygUZTGV2ZWxpbmcgYSBzaSB0cmF uc2R1Y2VyIA%3D%3D
    Last edited by born 2 fish; 06-08-2023 at 09:57 AM.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

10. Member
    Had mine installed by the dealer on a hole-shot plate. On previous boats had it mounted on side of jackplate which does work but you will get some slight interference from the opposite side of jackplate. The current install on the hole-shot plate has provided way better performance. Haven't had one mounted on the step down before but know that can work maybe as well or does on other boat brands.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Had mine installed by the dealer on a hole-shot plate. On previous boats had it mounted on side of jackplate which does work but you will get some slight interference from the opposite side of jackplate. The current install on the hole-shot plate has provided way better performance. Haven't had one mounted on the step down before but know that can work maybe as well or does on other boat brands.
    Thanks I’m going to leave it where it’s at for now just have to make sure it’s level while graphing.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat