Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Just picked up my new 2023 Ram 1500. I ordered it 8 weeks ago and was told it would take 12-18 weeks. I put a lot of highway miles on my trucks so I have always ordered my vehicles. Got the Laramie level trim but left off the lane departure/adaptive cruise control package. One guy said it may be bumped up in the build line since it didn't need nearly as many chips as some models and he must have been right. My old truck (2019 Ram 1500) had right at 100k on it and one lower trim level. Both the new truck and trade-in were overvalued IMO but the difference (about 50%) was palatable. My brother, who is in the business, said that there will start being better deals on new trucks this fall but that trade-in values will go down correspondingly so I pulled the trigger. Good luck.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg1419 View Post
    My 7.3 has 356000 and haven’t had a payment in 18yrs won’t have one either.
    Same here, never had a vehicle payment. My 7.3 Tows my boat and other trailers anywhere in the country and passes newer trucks while doing it.

3. Member
    I run a pretty large chevy Buick GMC Cadillac store in iowa. We deliver all over the country. Feel free to reach out if I can help. Even if it’s just to ask advice. -James

How about a Jeep Wrangler that is over $100K?

https://www.motor1.com/news/671104/2...0-all-options/

5. triton
    Quote Originally Posted by angleiron View Post
    How about a Jeep Wrangler that is over $100K?

https://www.motor1.com/news/671104/2...0-all-options/
    Lot better looking than a Bronco and I'm a Ford person

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Same here, never had a vehicle payment. My 7.3 Tows my boat and other trailers anywhere in the country and passes newer trucks while doing it.
    7.3 is great reliable engine, but let’s be real……. that 235hp engine ain’t passing too much of anything anymore.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 32regulator View Post
    7.3 is great reliable engine, but let’s be real……. that 235hp engine ain’t passing too much of anything anymore.
    Mine has over 400 hp.

8. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Can almost guarantee the new motor will perform far, far better than that 3.5. That 3.5 has a pretty bad reputation as far as performance.
    That Xtra Cab Pre-runner would be perfect for my needs. Unless I absolutely hate the interior of the truck it will likely be what replaces my 2016 Ram in a few years. My Ram is about to roll over 60k so no hurry at all.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdwelding View Post
    You missed the boat. Your truck was worth 10k more 18 months ago. My lease 18 month lease is up in a few days.
    I traded a 19 silverao in almost a year early and got a check back for 7k. My dad did the same and got a check back for 9500. I had a good sized dent in the door. Msrp was 2-3k less at that time as well.

My lease is going up at least 175 a month for a significantly less optioned truck right now.
    Let's go brandon

Also with the kind of mileage you put on, you're in lease territory.
    I started leasing in March of 2017. I have paid for a handful of oil changes and a few inspections. That's it! Not even a set of wipers. Never have to worry about warranty or extended on used. Just drive it. Most times they throw in the wear and tear too. Covers tires, ripped seats dings and scratches under 4", and curbed rims. I'll never buy a new truck again. Last one was a 2006 silverado 2500hd. 35k msrp 0 percent for 60.
    Today that truck is 75k. Do the math.... not happening
    You're spot on. 18-24 months ago, I was getting a couple calls a month from my dealer wanting me to trade it in for about $10K - $12K more than I can sell it for now. It also helped that it's a bit of an odd config (crew cab with the longer bed) and they were (are) harder to find. Truck already had over 80K miles on it at that time. I will also for sure look into a lease. Never done it before, but there's a 1st time for everything.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 32regulator View Post
    Lol!!!!!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steffn4108 View Post
    I run a pretty large chevy Buick GMC Cadillac store in iowa. We deliver all over the country. Feel free to reach out if I can help. Even if it’s just to ask advice. -James
    Give me a price on a 2500 AT4 gas. Blue.

12. Member
    Just picked up a 06 4runner for 10k with 160K, good enough for me lol.

13. Member
    Keeping my 2018. Paid off. Should last the rest of my driving days

14. Member
    I’ll stick with my 01 F250 7.3 and my 98 Z71 that I ordered new…..They will still be on the road way after these new ones are being recycled

Times like these I am glad to have a longstanding relationship with a great dealer and their sales manager that has been a friend for many years.

It takes a little of the sting off.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    Current truck has 204,000 miles with some rust issues. Been looking to replace it since I’m now retired and would like a new one that will last me since I won’t be putting many miles on it. Been looking at midsize trucks specifically the Toyota Tacoma but most of them are running from 43 to 48K. I need to pull the trigger soon as the Tacoma is being redesigned for 2024 and will no longer be available with the 3.5 V6. I really don’t want a 4 cylinder turbo for towing the boat.
    A used Tundra from outside the snow/salt/rust belt with the V-8 I Force made prior to 2020 [check exact year] would be the optimal choice for towing capacity and proven reliability.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Thomas View Post
    I’ll stick with my 01 F250 7.3
    That engine is known for its reliability versus the 6.XL that followed it and it has enthusiasts that will pay for a good one that can be rebuilt and kept on the road.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish3000 View Post
    A used Tundra from outside the snow/salt/rust belt with the V-8 I Force made prior to 2020 [check exact year] would be the optimal choice for towing capacity and proven reliability.
    A Ram 2500 with a Cummins would be far better for towing and it will last longer.

19. Member
    Same! Would love a AT4 2023 or even one trim lower. But my paid for Tundra is running just fine... Did get a new trans 2 ish years ago but between a payment, increase insurance rates, crazy registration costs it really doesn't make sense to "upgrade".

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    A Ram 2500 with a Cummins would be far better for towing and it will last longer.
    Last longer is arguable actually. Better for towing absolutely. Daily driving or any other use besides towing I’ll take the Tundra.
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast