Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    weightless black berkley 6 inch, yamamoto skirted grub weightless or 4 inch french fry with1/64 oz weight.

I always have a senko rigged when throwing a frog. Watched a video once where a fish wasn’t trying to eat the frog but was slapping it with its tail to stun it first. When I get a blow up, I always grab the other rod with the senko and almost always get that fish.

I just grab the flipping bait of the day and flip it to them.

4. triton
    Worm ....... no weight

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR

5. Member
    What ever soft plastic I have on. Usually baby brushog in green pumpkin.

Depends on the bite. It it swirls and a miss, I am throwing the same bait back in. If it get the bait in any form, I will try something a little more subtle as a follow up. If it doesn't bite again, I will mark the spot and come back later.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coreynov902 View Post
    I've heard it said often that you should have a follow up bait ready to throw if a bass hits and misses a topwater frog (maybe other baits too). I'm curious how many of you actually do this consistently? I know I don't. If a bass comes up and blows up on my frog and I swing and miss, there's about a 99% chance I'm going to just toss that frog right back in there and see if she bites again. I have noticed several pros doing the same thing when watching tournaments. They may switch to a different bait after trying another handful of casts with the frog, but it's pretty rare I see them immediately pick up the senko or another follow up bait and use it right away after a fish misses.
    my follow up on a missed frog blowup is the same frog in the same spot. 50% of the time, it works every time.

8. Member
    Frog/top water, glides, and big swimbaits it's always a wacky worm. I catch a good percentage of fish that blow up or follow those baits that won't give them a second look if tossed right back in.
    Everything else it's just the same bait back in the same spot.

9. Member
    Texas Rig Trick worm, green pumpkin.

10. Member
    It's typically been a Senko for me but I started using the Yamatanuki last weekend and it seems to work pretty well. It's heavier than a Senko so I'm more accurate on a long pitch.

11. Member
    Senko or shakey head worm.

I don’t even get to the throw the first bait. Much less the follow up.
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

13. Member
    Topwater. If the fish completely missed then back goes the topwater. If the fish got any part of the bait but didn’t get hooked up then I go back with a senko or a fluke. I get a very high percentage of fish on the follow up bait that missed the top water. Same with glides and other big swim baits. If they follow those are swing and miss I’ll toss a follow up bait with a very high success rate.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

14. Member
    Mike Long special
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX
    Mercury 250 4 Stroke

Almost all of the time I am frog fishing or topwater fishing it is for fun. I rarely throw a follow up that isn't the frog. If I do throw a follow up it will be whatever is handy, usually a jig or Texas Rigged Craw Tube.

16. Member
    If I'm throwing a frog, I'm generally collecting AIR MILES Points. It is usually so far back in the pads, that the only other option would be DYNAMITE, besides throwing the frog back in.
    Now, if throwing a Pop'R style bait in open water, I'll have a WACKY rig set up at my feet.
    They'd showed me their face, now they get a little more up close and personal attention.
    They may even get invited home for a greasy swim.

If I'm fishing top water and they blow up and miss it, I usually throw in a 4-5" worm on a 1/16oz TG (wind permitting)

Usually this gets bit
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12