1995 482VS Question

Boat Shelf.jpg

Greetings All,

Curious what this shelf is used for. I think it is for a spare prop? If that is the case, I assume there is another part that the prop would attach to?

If this is indeed the case, how many folks carry a spare prop? I am considering just removing the shelf as it doesn't really serve any purpose for me, at least not that I can think
    of.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Tom
    1995 Ranger 482VS
    Evinrude Intruder 150

2. Member
    That is where my oil tank and 3rd battery for my TM are located. I had to reinforce with some metal brackets. Best of luck with what you decide to do.

3. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Not made for a battery. You could carry a spare prop or tool kit there or any other lighter weight item.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor482 View Post
    That is where my oil tank and 3rd battery for my TM are located. I had to reinforce with some metal brackets. Best of luck with what you decide to do.
    Thanks Condor. You sell your 482 yet? My third TM battery is located on the starboard side beside the cranking battery. PO removed the oil tank.

Tom
    1995 Ranger 482VS
    Evinrude Intruder 150

5. Member
    I still have the old girl.

Sounds like you have plenty of room to use that shelf area for whatever you’d like. Mine did not come with whatever it takes to hold the prop down to the shelf. I’m not sure I’ve even seen what it looks like.

6. Member
    on my 1996 482vs thats where the spare prop sat, it had a long upright threaded rod sticking up

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mark482vs View Post
    on my 1996 482vs thats where the spare prop sat, it had a long upright threaded rod sticking up
    Thanks Mark. Mine doesn't seem to have a hole for the rod anywhere that I can see...
    1995 Ranger 482VS
    Evinrude Intruder 150

8. Member
    Like other people said, that is where a spare prop would go. We used to use that space to carry a toolbox with some tools/parts you might need. Just strapped it down with bungee cords.

9. Member
    Tom, somtimes I wish I upgraded motor, trollin motor and electronics and kept that rig it fished so well. Did dothe seats and carpet over rebuilt the trailer used 1 year and sold it.

10. Member
    Hey Condor482. Please pm me if you still have your 482 for sale. I'm ready to buy if I like what I see and the price is right. Thanks.

11. Member
    Sorry, bud. It sold about 3 weeks ago. Good luck with your search.