Isle of man TT races..

I'm not afraid of much on 2 wheels and have raced in alot of different types of events but I dont think I have or have ever had what it takes to do these types of speeds over 37 miles on what amounts to country and city roads..These guys are dying doing what they love but I would just as soon not rush it...
    https://www.motorsport.com/roadracin...race/10479640/
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

2. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    That and throwing one sideways at over 100 mph at Springfield... two disciplines that I never wanted anything to do with except as a spectator.

Huge brass ones on all those guys, for sure.
    Who controls John Gill?

I thought these races had been banned because of the deaths. It is absolutely the most grueling high speed bike race ever. I can only say he probably died doing what he loved.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    That and throwing one sideways at over 100 mph at Springfield... two disciplines that I never wanted anything to do with except as a spectator.

Huge brass ones on all those guys, for sure.
    We used to go to the Springfield mile every year...Definetly one of the coolest races to watch...
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

Saw Michael Dunlop is having a Great year!
    He's at 24 wins, 2 behind Joey and 1 ahead of John McGuiinness

And i believe he's entered in 4 more races

6. Member
    I’ve always dreamed of getting to make at least 1 lap around the isle and would do it right now if I was given the opportunity. I would love to go there for the week just to be a spectator even though you only see them for a few seconds at any spot. I have ridden sport bikes for many years but never done any road racing but am a well enough rider to make a decent lap there. Closest thing around here is Deals Gap so you get to pretend your overseas while going up and down the mountain 11 miles, 318 turns at a time, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfish View Post
    I thought these races had been banned because of the deaths. It is absolutely the most grueling high speed bike race ever. I can only say he probably died doing what he loved.
    In the US I am sure it would be, I give them credit to date, for allowing the event to continue. Looks like they had 6 deaths last year.

8. Banned
    been there once to see the race and video doesnt do it justice

9. Member
    I love watching the footage on YouTube. The first person camera footage is awesome.

10. Member
    Yes that is absolutely insane the isle of man is not for the faint of heart. Sort of like watching that guy on you tube the crash test goat but faster. I would love to get a few million dollar life insurance policy on him. Check it out sometime.
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

11. Member
    I've watched tapes of the Isle of Man races. Just watching them is scary. I'm old, but even when I was dumber and younger they scared me.

Isle of Man race is on my bucket list
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

13. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    They lose one or two racers every year. When the officials were asked why they keep promoting the race they were quoted as saying "they know what they are signing up for". Big brass ones for sure. The spectators standing just feet away on an outside turn is what I don't understand. Some kind of adrenaline junky death wish thing I suppose? Would love to see it in person.

14. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerSkipper View Post
    …The spectators standing just feet away on an outside turn is what I don't understand. Some kind of adrenaline junky death wish thing I suppose?…

Scandinavian WRC hooligans on holiday, most likely.
    Who controls John Gill?

15. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Scandinavian WRC hooligans on holiday, most likely.

16. Member
    I have raced 1000cc sport bikes (at an amateur level) and done plenty of track days. These bikes are stupid fast, and what they do is simply insane. I’ve done a lot of crazy stuff but I would not do that. I give them
    mad respect.
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

17. Member
    The Isle of Man TT is on my bucket list for sure. I read on facebook last night that a ride passed away yesterday from a crash. It said he had set a lap record on his previous lap.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greg88 View Post
    Yes that is absolutely insane the isle of man is not for the faint of heart. Sort of like watching that guy on you tube the crash test goat but faster. I would love to get a few million dollar life insurance policy on him. Check it out sometime.
    I have seen his stuff. It is awesome to watch as well.

19. Member
    Id like to know where and how those guys carry thier 100lb tungsten balls on those bikes
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

20. Member
    I have seen a few of those videos. Al I can say is Day um.