Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post

That chart shows perhaps why green pumpkin, black and blue and plum/ junebug are so effective.

Bass see shades, not colors, all bs

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post

There have been studies showing they see colors. I'm no biologist though but some of these people I believe.

https://www.bassmaster.com/news/do-b...f-the-rainbow/

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Remember to use red fishing line as it's all but invisible to the fish as it sinks but keep your red hooks because the fish see them so well and it creates a feeding frenzy....
    I went down that rabbit hole many years ago.

5. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Don't use red line, and I never clear the grass moss and salad off my baits so the fish never see the red hooks . . . I'm good

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    hush now......We need you to buy all the colors in Zoom......

https://zoombait.com/colors/

I don't even think about red line or hooks. I'd put scent on a lure and turn on the shad noise maker (if I had one), before I'd get so desperate to put on red line and hooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    I don't even think about red line or hooks. I'd put scent on a lure and turn on the shad noise maker (if I had one), before I'd get so desperate to put on red line and hooks.
    You will increase your chances 50% by wearing your hat backwards.... so the fish think you are looking the other way too.......

That chart shows perhaps why green pumpkin, black and blue and plum/ junebug are so effective.
    All you need is black.... and if you want to change try black.

You will increase your chances 50% by wearing your hat backwards.... so the fish think you are looking the other way too.......
    That's a great idea! I never think of stuff like that to help put bass in the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    That's a great idea! I never think of stuff like that to help put bass in the boat.
    While some are worried about the hue of the color spectrum, there is other ways to trick those beadie eyed bastards.....

12. Member
    Remember to use red fishing line as it's all but invisible to the fish as it sinks but keep your red hooks because the fish see them so well and it creates a feeding frenzy....
    Honestly no. Never bought into that trend

13. Member
    I've been buying red hooks quite a bit lately. For some reason they are always cheaper...

14. Member
    All you need is black.... and if you want to change try black.
    this advice sounds like my grandpa talking to me about flies… he said “the only colors you need are brown, gray, and black. If the fish aren’t hitting those then let’s go home and have grandma make us a lunch”.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    this advice sounds like my grandpa talking to me about flies… he said “the only colors you need are brown, gray, and black. If the fish aren’t hitting those then let’s go home and have grandma make us a lunch”.
    Smart man!

16. Member
    Was susprised at the depth of UV. Using a black light . I thought the surface stopped all UV.

17. Member
    I'm referring more to how in one case red is said to be seen easier when in another case red is invisible......
    Sarcasm (and irony) at its finest……

18. #FRB
    Red hooks have their place but they aren't the end all be all. I don't care either way as long as they're sharp enough to stick the hard part of a fish's mouth.

I feel like a lot of us are overthinking this fishing thing. I could probably pull 90% of the baits out of my boat and still do just as good or better than I am now but I didn't find the reliable lures without going through a bunch of duds in the process.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

19. #FRB
    I can agree with that but why do I catch so many fish on a strawberry worm in the warmer months in deep clear water when other colors that should in theory work better come up short? Now in colder water about the only color I need is green pumpkin when it comes to soft plastic.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

everybody always said to use black in crappy water conditions and night fishing and so the fish can see it better but then they turn around and tell you to color your braided line black so the fish can not see it To each their own but I believe it's more about shape and action than color and you only need just a few basic colors ,,,,, most tackle mfg are looking to make things that catch fishermen more than catching bass,, Got to admit I have tried the red hook thing in the past and never seen any type of difference in catch rate same with using a red bullet weight ,, but have friends that are one hundred percent convinced that it matters ,, one friend in particular even looks at glitter size in soft plastics ,,, like I have tired to tell him , no fish is going to look at your bait and say well I'm not biting anything that has less then .040 size purple glitter in it ,, I will just have to wait for something that has .015 glitter

I do know this ,,,,,,since I have simplified my tackle , I catch just as many if not more
    Last edited by River-Bandit; 06-08-2023 at 06:36 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast