Humminbird service turnaround

Anybody have a rough idea how long it takes to turn around a unit that may need sent in for repairs/replacement? My Helix appears to be shorted within the unit and pops the fuse as soon as it makes contact. I've completely retraced wiring and I'm showing 13.3v at the plug on a multimeter, and I can't "make it" lose a good circuit by trying. I sent an email to humminbird through the "contact us" on the website on Saturday, but have yet to receive a response. Should I have gone through the app instead?

*Edit* Unit is a Helix 10 Mega Di G4N purchased new from Bass Pro in March. Mega 360 attached

Pushin\' Tin!!!!

Shipping time both ways and one or two days at Humminbird.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

They are fast .

4. Member
    I typically have the unit back within 10-14 days of sending it off.

5. Member
    O.k. already fished 2 tournaments this past weekend without any graph up front... guess I can handle one more if need be.
    Last edited by badbub19; 06-07-2023 at 06:06 PM.

Pushin\' Tin!!!!

6. Member
    Well, got an email back. They're sending me a new power cable to try out before going any further. My gut and my multimeter tells me it's not the power cord, but I guess the process is the process.

Pushin\' Tin!!!!

7. Member
    Last year I sent my Helix Gen 1 for repair.
    2 weeks later I received a Gen 4 back w/new transducer.

8. Member
    Power cord was not the fix... awaiting word on the next move. ��

Pushin\' Tin!!!!

9. Yankee Troller
    I sent in two SOLIX units on a Tuesday. They showed back up the following Saturday. That was with Memorial Day in there. Shipped UPS Ground from NY.
    Captain Richard Hajecki

Humminbird: (2) SOLIX 12 G3, (3) SOLIX 10 G3, CHIRP Radar, MEGA Live, Lakemaster VX, (2) Eth 5PGL, GPS HS

10. Member
    Humminbird has always been great to me! Love their customer service!

11. Member
    Just an update for everyone... got the Helix back in 8 calendar days after sending it in. Packing slip said they replaced the circuit board. Plugged it in and it fired right up! Back in business... or so I thought. Wouldn't get a GPS fix or load anything from my map card. After a 20 minute phone call with a service tech and trying everything we could think of, they emailed me an overnight shipping label to send it back in. 5 days later and it's back again and everything seems to be working as it should. It'll get it's first trial this coming weekend. Although I was bummed about a 3 month old unit going through this, I can't say enough about how the customer service really did seem to do everything in their power to get it straightened out as quickly as possible. That's not a common trait among major companies anymore it seems.

Pushin\' Tin!!!!

I had a display on a Helix 12 go out. Shipped the unit to Eufaula this past Friday afternoon and it is scheduled to arrive back this Friday. Considering the holiday, that’s pretty darn fast.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network