Thread: Lower Unit ID

Lower Unit ID

I know the TM vs Verado style ID has been brought up quite a few times before, but I am wondering if anyone can visually tell a Verado style from a SSEI or other cheap unit? I'm looking at a complete wrecked boat for sale near my house with a 2018 250 ProXS, the model number indicates that it should have a TM, but it clearly does not (black, no wing on front, and too many upper water pickups). Since I am looking to replace my 1990 Johnson the complete boat would be really nice to have with all rigging, guages, etc. Problem is that I am currently out of the country so will need to send my dad or one of my kids to look at it/pick it up. Is there an easy way for them to look at it and insure it is at least a Mercury L/U? It is a used car dealer who currently has it and he picked it up at auction so I don't think he knows much about it, although he was able to hook up vessel view and see that it has 449 hours on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    That one is a verado lower.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    gear ratio sticker on side part number sticker on cav plate both indicative of MERCURY MARINE product
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................