200 ProXs weight

I have a 200 Pro XS serial number 3b215548 on an atlas jackplate. The plate says it’s for motors up to 600 lbs. I’ve already burned up one actuator, so I was wondering what this motor would weigh with oil, and everything on it. I know the website says it’s about 500 lbs but Im wondering how they weigh the motors.
    Also, I went to change the lower unit oil but the thrust washer was stuck on the shaft. I didn’t want to be too rough on it to get it off, but I couldn’t budge it. Any ideas?

2. Member
    Google is your friend on the weight but I think it is about 500 lbs. One technique is to tap pretty hard (but don't get carried away) on edge tapping it toward front of boat. Usually a couple taps will loosen it.

Quote Originally Posted by bassaddic View Post
    I have a 200 Pro XS serial number 3b215548 on an atlas jackplate. The plate says it’s for motors up to 600 lbs. I’ve already burned up one actuator, so I was wondering what this motor would weigh with oil, and everything on it. I know the website says it’s about 500 lbs but Im wondering how they weigh the motors.
    Also, I went to change the lower unit oil but the thrust washer was stuck on the shaft. I didn’t want to be too rough on it to get it off, but I couldn’t budge it. Any ideas?
    According to Darris Allison------ The only way he could make one weigh the advertised wt was to remove all fluids, the cowl and the Lower unit.

4. Member
    I think Randy Corson owner of Liberator Boats of Florida, once weighed a 300R with all fluids, prop and cowl, ready to install and it was around 560 lbs if I recall correctly. I think he posted that weight on the Scream and Fly website at one time.
    2020 Checkmate 2400 Pulsare
    2019 Mercury 300R Serial# 1E080852
    1.75 TorqueMaster
    25 Bravo FS / 24 ProMax

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Difficulty here is that many of these are trying to weight heavier models: Weight is based on the lightest model (and there are literally MANY HUNDREDS of 4.6L V8 engine models).

In the case of the OP'er: You're well below the max weight on that plate, and that engine would likely be right at 530-535 (wet).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor