Prop for 03 zx225 with a SHO on it

I just put a SHO on my 03 zx 225 what would be a preferred prop. I could get 70 to 72 with 27T1 on my ox66. What y’all thoughts. Thanks

2. Member
    You could try that 27 on the SHO, but doubt it'll turn 6k. 25 T2 is the current Yamaha prop that should run good on that boat.

3. Member
    Thanks but was going to try to stay away from the T2’s.

4. Member
    Then a 25 Tempest or Turbo FXP would be good choices. Also might try a Solas Scorpion. If so, you'll need a 23 as they're very stiff props. I have one and it's a great prop, but I can't turn enough RPM with it. I'll probably send it off and see if I can have it pitched down a bit.

I would keep that T-1. Try it out first. If you can't turn it 6k rpms, report back. It might need to be re-pitched in order to keep the rpms up. I definitely wouldn't recommend the newer (SHO) T-1, or the T-2. Those old vented T-1s are worth their weight in gold.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

6. Member
    How will it do with the vented holes. I figured it needed to be nonvented

I just put a vented Tempest 25P (not PVS, the older style) on my SHO 225 to test it - I don't have any vent plugs so not sure how it will run, hope to test it out tomorrow. TBH when I purchased it (used) I didn't even think about the vents, so I dont know what type I would need.