Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fuel line assembly

Does anyone make a full assembly kit already made up? I want to replace my fuel lines and primer bulb per the FAQ page. 3/8" from tank to bulb and 5/16" from there to the fuel pump .. thinking 12' will work out perfect.
    2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL 150 Hp Optimax OT862351

2. Member
    MERC should have some 12 footers i know ive used some 5/16 id hose kits in 12 ft
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    MERC should have some 12 footers i know ive used some 5/16 id hose kits in 12 ft
    I found 12' kits but only in 5/16" I'm talking a kit with 5/16" on one side of the bulb and 3/8" on the other.

edit: I think ill get up with European marine tomorrow . looks like i need A1-15 from the tank to bulb.
    '
    Last edited by styler; 06-05-2023 at 06:24 PM.

4. Member
    I ordered what I need from European. Great guys to deal with.
    question for Joe or Don. Mine has a line with a connector coming out of the cowling. As I understand, its best to get rid of the whip and connect straight to the pump. Getting to that pump looks tight. Do I unbolt the low pressure filter keeping it connected and swing it out of the way?

5. Member
    or remove filter , they are tight for sure
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    or remove filter , they are tight for sure
    My filter is less than a year old can I just pour out the fuel and reinstall?
    also I'm coming up with part #35-18458T 4

This number is unavailable what's the option. This one? Quicksilver 18458Q4
    there's also another with the black sensor vs the blue what's the diff?

7. Member
    reinstall/ that is number for replacement , black sensor is used on older efi engines had a diff connector on sensor

8. Member
    reinstall/ that is number for replacement , black sensor is used on older efi engines had a diff connector on sensor
    thanks Joe

9. Member
    yes sir

10. Member
    I know yall may be getting tired of my questions but o don't have anyone else to ask. Why should I go all the way to the pump instead of to the connector outside of the cowling? Not trying to go the easy way. well maybe I am lol.
    My thing is this engine is running perfect now and I'm just doing the line change as preventive maintenance.

11. Member
    eliminate a spot for potential problems to occur

12. Member
    Got the proper line, clamps and bulb from European and decided to tackle this today. I had about 3 feet of the gray with orange print line from the bulb to the motor whip. Yep it looked exactly like the photos in the FAQ page about fuel lines.
    Replaced all the line from the tank to the pulse pump.
    The only thing I'm a little concerned about is ,I'm not getting a rock hard bulb. before I connected to the engine I made sure I had fuel coming out of the line . when I turn the key the fuel pump comes on and very quickly stops so the pressure is there.
    I cant go run it because its storming should i be concerned? may be some air that need to work out ?

Edit:
    Ok scratch that. After it sat for an hour or so I checked it and its rock hard . thinking it had an air bubble that had to work its away out.
    Last edited by styler; 06-25-2023 at 06:14 PM.

13. Member
    scratched

14. Member
    just a side note.. youll need all your cuss words to do this job . I almost ran out and had to take a break and build up my reserves. these boat builders make things way harder than it should be.
    Last edited by styler; 06-26-2023 at 02:46 PM.

15. Member
    i run out daily welcome to my world

16. Member
    i run out daily welcome to my world
    the fuel tank connection is in the center of the tank so to reach it you have to remove the rear storage box (no prob there) you can see the connection up in there but you can only reach it with one hand and imagine what your doing as your doing it one handed and getting your arm ripped apart by fiberglass shreds. To put the line on you cant get a good grip on the line so you need to heat that line very hot because there's zero give, put a light coating of grease on the nipple. and then since you cant really grip the line ,push with the strength of Sampson ......cuss... try again .. only to find the line cooled and it wont go any farther.. reach in with a knife, cut it back off.. do all over again . I finally got it but dang .. I did have one other option which was remove live well but there again that has it challenges too.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by styler View Post
    the fuel tank connection is in the center of the tank so to reach it you have to remove the rear storage box (no prob there) you can see the connection up in there but you can only reach it with one hand and imagine what your doing as your doing it one handed and getting your arm ripped apart by fiberglass shreds. To put the line on you cant get a good grip on the line so you need to heat that line very hot because there's zero give, put a light coating of grease on the nipple. and then since you cant really grip the line ,push with the strength of Sampson ......cuss... try again .. only to find the line cooled and it wont go any farther.. reach in with a knife, cut it back off.. do all over again . I finally got it but dang .. I did have one other option which was remove live well but there again that has it challenges too.
    and child labor aint cheap here

18. Member
    I have to say though it was better that my Stratos F/S I had... I had to remove the tank for that one ...

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by styler View Post
    Got the proper line, clamps and bulb from European and decided to tackle this today. I had about 3 feet of the gray with orange print line from the bulb to the motor whip. Yep it looked exactly like the photos in the FAQ page about fuel lines.
    Replaced all the line from the tank to the pulse pump.
    The only thing I'm a little concerned about is ,I'm not getting a rock hard bulb. before I connected to the engine I made sure I had fuel coming out of the line . when I turn the key the fuel pump comes on and very quickly stops so the pressure is there.
    I cant go run it because its storming should i be concerned? may be some air that need to work out ?

Edit:
    Ok scratch that. After it sat for an hour or so I checked it and its rock hard . thinking it had an air bubble that had to work its away out.
    Clarification, is the primer bulb supposed to pump up to be a max point that you can’t squeeze it any longer? Thx!
    2008 BassCat Puma with a Mercury 250 Pro XS / 1996 Champion 186 with a Mercury 175 EFI

20. Member
    just pump until firm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast