Inline batteries off motor for alternator charging

Can you run a lithium battery inline with your cranking battery (lead acid) to get a charge while running? I had a lithium die on me, and my remaining 125ah will run for electronics for a tournament day, but it was down to 37% at the end of the day and tournament days are my short days typically. I have a feeling it is not going to make it through a full summer day. Plus, I am having an issue with the 1 graph that is on the cranking battery shutting down every time I crank up, so I am going to have it move it off that battery adding more draw to my electronics battery.

2. Member
    what about a charge on the run box to charge batteries when moving?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    To answer the question directly, yes.

Yandina Lithium Combiner is one way. When the voltage from the alternator to the lead acid starting battery is X, it will then parallel the lead acid starting battery with the lithium house battery. Both will get charged at the same time.

When the motor is turned off, and the alternator is no longer producing X voltage, the Combiner will disconnect the two batteries. You can use the house battery to exhaustion while being assured that the starting battery remains fully charged so as to start the motor.

I run a PHL Run & Gun charging system that charges my Lithium sonar battery from both Engine while running and off my Minnkota charger at night through my starting battery - https://bit.ly/RnGs

Been a great system so far, I think this fits what you are asking to do

Quote Originally Posted by yam911 View Post
    To answer the question directly, yes.

Yandina Lithium Combiner is one way. When the voltage from the alternator to the lead acid starting battery is X, it will then parallel the lead acid starting battery with the lithium house battery. Both will get charged at the same time.

When the motor is turned off, and the alternator is no longer producing X voltage, the Combiner will disconnect the two batteries. You can use the house battery to exhaustion while being assured that the starting battery remains fully charged so as to start the motor.
    THIS ^^^^^ Troll Bridge is the way to go !!!!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents