Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    That was 2020. the last 2 years they have made exemptions or changed the rules to make sure guys didn’t get cut. Duckett has openly admitted they will do whatever they can to “protect the brands”. Then clarified by saying he’d protect anglers that are synonymous with the brands.
    of course he did.
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

2. Member
    I do disagree with him on KVD having to "write another book". To me a major win is a major win. Doesn't matter if it was FLW, MLF, BASS, etc. The bass fishing hall of fame should recognize this and keep the overall records on the sport of professional fishing. I do notice that MLF mentions BASS anglers in their coverage during MLF events. Hopefully both leagues can come to terms with pointing out angler's achievements even from the other leagues. That would go a long way to unify the sport and the anglers.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    I do disagree with him on KVD having to "write another book". To me a major win is a major win. Doesn't matter if it was FLW, MLF, BASS, etc. The bass fishing hall of fame should recognize this and keep the overall records on the sport of professional fishing. I do notice that MLF mentions BASS anglers in their coverage during MLF events. Hopefully both leagues can come to terms with pointing out angler's achievements even from the other leagues. That would go a long way to unify the sport and the anglers.
    I agree
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

4. Member
    Mercer calls out the FLW records when he introduces some at the weigh ins.

I would love to see a merge like the old NFL/AFL in football. Cross tournaments featuring the top 50 in points from both trails, celebrity all star tournaments, playoff type tournaments, old timer tournaments and an overall classic style championship.

5. Member
    Why would a successful, respected tournament organization ever merge with a secondary organization known for covering up cheating and changing rules to suit their opinions/friends?

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    I like Clunn but don’t buy into much he says on other subjects that aren’t about catching more fish.

Especially that B.S. making a big deal about KVD writing his last chapter with B.A.S.S..

Rick has quite legacy and written many successful chapters have to ask what’s so significant about the last chapter he’s presently writing with B.A.S.S.?

There is life after B.A.S.S.and some don’t feel the need to self Identify with B.A.S.S.. Plus the exit of all those Pros started a whole lot of fresh new chapters that have been very exciting for the Elites and the Opens.

The former B.A.S.S. Pros brought attention to a new tour that helped save the FLW revitalized the BFL’s and provided another opportunity for aspiring Pro Anglers.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Bass View Post
    I'd like to see them just do 4 days all 80 anglers no zero of weights.
    It's like zeroing the score of a football game after 3 quarters for the 4th quarter. No sense at all. And he is right about 80 tournament directors and 80 different scales. Consistency can be compromised.

8. Member
    I'd like to see them just do 4 days all 80 anglers no zero of weights.
    I'd like to see them do 4 days also from a viewer standpoint. If I were fishing though then I think I'd like the rest and extra time off to re-due and prepare tackle.
    I do like the zeroing of the weights though.

9. Member
    I do not. SO you can catch them good and stomp the field for two days and then a guy from 10th place can win the derby. He has one good day and he's the champ. Nah, 4 days, the catch the leader if you can!
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    This is the year the bottom get cut. It would have been sooner if not for the pandemic or (plandemic if you prefer).
    Yeah right. I’ll believe it when I see it.

11. Member
    Full field for 4 days. That way G could fish. Bet he’d be a tired pup.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

12. Member
    I do not. SO you can catch them good and stomp the field for two days and then a guy from 10th place can win the derby. He has one good day and he's the champ. Nah, 4 days, the catch the leader if you can!

Ask Randy Blaukat how he thinks about that format.

13. Member
    Well since it’s a two day weight in qualifying rounds and in knockout/championship rounds I would say It takes more than 1 good day to win the whole thing.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123