Solix power issue

My gen2 solix 12 won't power up, bird comes up on the screen flashes a few times but won't power up completely, just started doing it. Had no other problems prior to today. Any ideas? Thinking power cable ? Battery is fine.

2. Member
    Jatkins, sounds like your software may be corrupt.
    This usually happens to a under powered unit. It happened to me on both my solix's at the same time. Left the units on and started the motor, they crashed and lost their software. They had to goto HB to get fixed. Did your units have a power failure? A power adaptor that you could plug the unit into at home is a plus. HB sent me one. Turn on a unit and let it sit for awhile to see if it can finish the boot process. Solix's run on Linux software and does not like power interruptions. Good luck

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OK_BassBum View Post
    Jatkins, sounds like your software may be corrupt.
    Turn on a unit and let it sit for awhile to see if it can finish the boot process.
    . I second this approach. Make sure you have ample power and let it sit... not sure if you tried this, yet it could take 7-8 minutes before it will kick into a full reset mode it will be obvious when this happens (basically get multi-segmented progress bars, and a warning that all settings will be reset (says you won't loose your nav data). It's possible that it could work itself out... one of my 12's had a bad memory module that caused a similar issue.

4. Member
    I just turned the unit off for the day, started back up the next morning and it started acting up. I guess I will contact humminbird

Take out all cards and attempt to boot again.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

6. Member
    I had the same exact issue. Talked to customer service, went through their steps, all to no avail. Sent to HB and recieved a new unit within in 10 days. CS did their best to work through everything before sending it in.

7. Member
    Update. Unit finally reset, all is good for now, thanks for all the help guys!