Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Question Garmin mapping card....

Got the Navionics Vision + card (Sd card) while it was on sale this past weekend and have a few questions.

1. What's the easiest way to update it.
    2. I registered it thru AC app from my 126, can it now be used in my GPSMap 943?
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Garmin Navionics updates are automatic via AC (the "daily update" feature). Just make sure your Vision subscription is shown as active under Chart, My Charts in AC. Then, when Navionics updates are available and AC is open, they will automatically download. A popup bar with download progress will appear when AC is downloading. The next time you sync AC with your Garmin system, the updates will transfer to your AC card.

No problem using the pre-programmed card in another compatible device, just as before with the legacy mapping cards. When you download any updates via AC, then you would have to transfer both the physical map card and the AC card to the second non-networked device, and it must be registered to your account.
    Last edited by Todd Driscoll; 06-05-2023 at 05:38 AM.
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Ok....haven't had a chance to mess with it since I was looking at it last weekend.......

Another question.....I registered it thru my 126...today I was using the same AC card in my 106 to update unit and it was transferring the charts to the 106....did it actually put the data on the unit? If so what data was it?

4. Member
    Pretty sure the mapping data goes on the AC card and not in the unit.. I had an earlier map update not work right and support asked for a directory of the files on my AC card. Then they told me what to delelete. Next use it updated and all was well. Without the AC card my maps revert to the internal ones.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Yes Navionics mapping data from AC goes straight to the AC card.
    Garmin Pro Team

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Todd I understand what you are saying....I have the physical sd card......when I was updating my 106 (by it sself) it showed that it was "transfering" the chart. Now I was using the same AC card from the 126, but did not have the Navionics card in the 106. That "transfer" took about 5 mins or so before I could start the software update. Just trying to understand what it was transferring to the unit. Was it some base files for mapping?

Yes, AC was transferring chart-related updates to your AC card. Specific updates are dependent on your Chart Download Settings. Access this by selecting Settings in the bottom right corner of AC. When transferring data to your Garmin system, you can pull the ActiveCaptain home page up on the MFD and it will show progress updates by category - whether they are Navionics chart updates (under OneChart), ActiveCaptain Community, or QuickDraw Community updates.
    Garmin Pro Team