Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

New update\ networking issue only

I wanted to start a new thread with the topic of the network issue\map sharing only that alot of people are experiencing. If you have done the update did this fix your issues?
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

2. Member
    Yes

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    Yes
    Yes is a little vague. What units? What software? What mapping cards. How is it networked etc....

4. Member
    I have PRO and HDS LIves Since I updated everything its software 23.3 CMAp and Navionics cards. ITs Networked properly through a NEP 2 hub along with a 3D SS Hub, Still to vague, Sorry thats all you get.

5. Member
    I updated a Live 12 (.37) and “pre-Covid” Live 16 (.18) last week but have yet to have a full day on the water. From the moment I installed the 12 the units did not work well together, with shared navionics maps sporadically freezing after a while (ranged from hours to minutes). Hoping that the update resolved the problem - a Lowrance tech said it would. I’ve seen others reporting in different threads of persisting problems between initial .37 and previous builds (e.g., .18). Keeping my fingers crossed and will report back once I’ve tested them.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    I have PRO and HDS LIves Since I updated everything its software 23.3 CMAp and Navionics cards. ITs Networked properly through a NEP 2 hub along with a 3D SS Hub, Still to vague, Sorry thats all you get.
    Yes, too vague only answered question partially....

Thank you dkinney6 !!! This is the information most of us are looking for

7. Member
    Not for me.

carbon 12 and live 12 (.37 issues). Live hasn’t networked like it should since it was new. Did the update on all items and still doesn’t work.
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONECASTAWAY View Post
    Not for me.

carbon 12 and live 12 (.37 issues). Live hasn’t networked like it should since it was new. Did the update on all items and still doesn’t work.
    And you have done a hard reset on all units after updating?

9. Member
    My firend lost autopilot mode - Elite FS. That worked with 22.1 without any problems, Hard reset done 2 times- after update AT too and autoconfiguration was done as add.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    And you have done a hard reset on all units after updating?
    hard, soft, and restore defaults on Live per Lowrances recommendation.

restore default on carbon
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaciejK View Post
    My firend lost autopilot mode - Elite FS. That worked with 22.1 without any problems, Hard reset done 2 times- after update AT too and autoconfiguration was done as add.
    Your friend needs to go back to advanced features and turn on all autopilot functions. The update turns them back to factory settings.
    ciao,
    Marc

12. Member
    Marc, all TM features was enabled. Interesting thing- anchor form remote is ok, and on FS unit TM panel shows anchoring mode, it's possible to release anchor from MFD but that's all what is possible to do from MFD.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    Your friend needs to go back to advanced features and turn on all autopilot functions. The update turns them back to factory settings.
    Nope.
    The glitch is in the side panel control. You can use the autopilot pages screen for all control functions but the side panel controls are non existant except for navigation.

14. Member
    Lowrance really keeps dropping the ball! What a mess with those with either AT1 or newer Lives with .37 software (different chip set manufacturer). They really need to do A LOT BETTER!

15. Member
    I have 2 Ti2-9s that had issues making a wireless connection. Called Lowrance Support and discovered the software and application levels on the console unite was not current. The bow was. I updated the console and everything is connecting now and I can see my Navionics mapping and waypoints on the bow. I was also told that a wireless connection was the only method to share applications(Navionics) across 2 units.
    10inchChop

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10inchChop View Post
    I was also told that a wireless connection was the only method to share applications(Navionics) across 2 units.
    For Ti2, yes. For any other unit Lowrance has ever made, no.

17. Member
    My network controls to my Ghost from my Lives were broke in 23. I did hard resets on everything, and autopilot was features were both turned on. They were on prior to the update, and everything works. I rolled back to 22.1 and everything works fine again. Just for kicks I updated back to 23 and everything stopped working again. Back to 22.1 and all fine again. The new update is garbage in my opinion, and I normally don't talk bad about things. But this has me VERY frustrated.
    NPAA #803

18. Member
    The update 22.3 actually caused a network issue I didn't have before but only on my 7" Live. My Carbon 12, live 12, and Pro 12 are all fine with the new update as well as my AT2. My live 7 with the update, the network keeps cutting in and out. I had to it back to 22.1.1.
    Chad Snow / Massachusetts
    2007 Ranger Reata 210 - Mercury Optimax 225 (#1B446134) - 12' Talons
    Carbon12’s @ Bow w/ AT- live 12 w/ 3D & live 7 @ Helm

19. Member
    any chance that you guys having networking issues... if you go to settings - network - info ... does yours say "link status connected" line mine? It only shows on the one unit I have an issue with even when I reset it and connect it to nothing but power.

Chad Snow / Massachusetts
    2007 Ranger Reata 210 - Mercury Optimax 225 (#1B446134) - 12' Talons
    Carbon12’s @ Bow w/ AT- live 12 w/ 3D & live 7 @ Helm

20. Member
    I promised a report a few weeks back but have been on vacation. Today was my first day on the water after installing 23.3. As everyone has probably already figured out, it did not work and actually made the problem worse. Sharing navionics maps between units now crashes the one without the Navionics card within minutes rather than hours. Map and sonar screens freeze, then try to catch up. Sonar usually can catch up, but the map remains blank afterwards. Can see my shared waypoints (and share them), but the map is just a solid blue with no contour lines, as if the card isn't inserted. Reversing the unit with the navionics card produces the same problem in the unit without the card.

And just for kicks, there are new problems - 1. autopilot side menu will not activate Ghost, 2. Interference on 2D sonar when running my through hull transducer concurrently with my AI 3-1 at the console. Never an issue before.

And, yes, I did a hard reset. Twice even. No change in behavior. Oddly, the 16 (which was the .18 build) shutdown altogether and started reinstalling the 23.3 update on the SD card (I was not connected to wireless) after one of the hard resets. Not sure why. System info page read 23.3 prior to and after the resets.

Pretty upset, frankly. I had an old Live 9 at the bow (.18) which worked flawlessly, networked to the Live 16 at the console. I upgraded to the bigger 12 in March through Russell Marine's trade in program. It was a new chip model with the .37 build. Had no idea I was in for such fun.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast