Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lund Pro V 1875 Bass XS

Anyone here running one of these rigs? 2 local Lund dealers don’t have any in stock. I have not seen any around my area. If you have one what are your thoughts on it good/bad.

2. Member
    I think there’s two for sale on the board here. I think one is in Illinois and the other in Indiana. They look like sweet rigs and I’m interested in one myself

3. Member
    I have the larger Pro V Bass 2075, and I can't say a bad thing about it. Front deck size, storage, rough water ride, build quality is the best of any boat I've owned. It won't win you any races, but you'll be faster than those glitter sleds in real 3 footers. To me, that's when it really counts. As an added bonus, its aluminum, so I don't worry about being a little rougher with it than I was with a fiberglass boat. The 1875 will ride better and have more storage than any other 19 footer out there. I know that there's been some debate amongst enthusiasts about H.P. rating for the 1875 hull, but I would encourage maxing it out with a 200 for the resale value alone if purchasing. If you want a truly bullet proof rig, get a 1875 and hang a Honda 4 stroke off the back. It'll never see the inside of a shop except for maintenance.

4. Member

Do you need these to ride in the Pro V Bass in rough water?

5. Member
    They ride and fish good, but they are the wettest boat I've ever been in.

6. Member
    I have the 2075 pro v bass. Amazing boat. It is a damp ride, but it will get you home.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yadkincustomlures View Post

Do you need these to ride in the Pro V Bass in rough water?
    That hasn't been my experience, but I can see how that might be a problem if you don't have any familiarity with operating a boat.

8. Member
    They look like great boats. I have seen a couple around here and almost bought a 2075. I didn't because the owner told me he was selling it to go back to glass as it was a wet hull.

9. Member
    The 1875 is where the sweet spot is with this boat. It will handle water safely that 19 foot bass boats don't do well in. The 2075 version is similar, but other 21 foot class bass boats handle big water well also.

The main issue with the Lund hulls is that they generate a lot of spray, which is an issue in a crosswind, or when you are quartering waves. That is the price paid for the high buoyancy of the nose - it won't stuff waves like a regular bass boat. It's just a different design. If you've ever stuffed a wave in an 18.5 foot ranger on Toledo or Rayburn, then you'll understand the trade off.

It fishes on the troller as shallow and as well as any bass boat. Storage will be nearly twice a typical bass boat due to the depth of the hull.

I have been in a few and considered one myself. they are a great hardcore fishing boat that you can actually take your family and little kids out in easy. I can't get over how wet they ride though or the price for them VS a 19 foot glass boat. There is a reason most V hull boats have wrap around windshields...they ride smooth and safe in wind but WET
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

11. Member
    Well that is a TON of coin to be in a wet boat!

The new Lund Renegade looks like a neat rig as well....I like the rear flip jump seats for it you want to take a few people out for a ride or to a beach etc.

12. Member
    Deleted - repeat post

I have a '21 Pro V 1875 XS. Great boat, couldn't be happier with my decision to go with this boat. Get the trailer upgrade. Tons of storage. With the XS you have the open floor but still a good size rear deck for your partner. I haven't thought a wet ride was any more of an issue than any other boats, and I'm on Erie a lot. Batteries are mid-ship; I have lithium, maybe they have 3 lead batteries in there. Top speed is 50, I usually run 38-42 and it's a nice ride. Not cheap. I'm at 65K with Helix 10's (2), 360, 36v Ultrex 112, and a 24v 80lb for the rear (I still fish some electric only lakes), all Lithium batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Lund1625 View Post
    I have a '21 Pro V 1875 XS. Great boat, couldn't be happier with my decision to go with this boat. Get the trailer upgrade. Tons of storage. With the XS you have the open floor but still a good size rear deck for your partner. I haven't thought a wet ride was any more of an issue than any other boats, and I'm on Erie a lot. Batteries are mid-ship; I have lithium, maybe they have 3 lead batteries in there. Top speed is 50, I usually run 38-42 and it's a nice ride. Not cheap. I'm at 65K with Helix 10's (2), 360, 36v Ultrex 112, and a 24v 80lb for the rear (I still fish some electric only lakes), all Lithium batteries.
    I was wondering if lithium's would make a large difference in lift. are you running a 150? 175? is the trailer upgrade to the "custom bunk" ?
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

15. Member
    Would not hesitate to buy one but still in love with the glitter sled in my garage. Have owned 2 Lunds and they are great boats.

16. Member
    Lots of that kind thing around here. No doubt they are good boats, but this is BBC so no way are they better than a bass boat
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

I grew up fishing out of Lund boats and my dad currently has a single console 2025 Pro V. Lunds do have side spray, it is what it is. They are a little better than Crestliner, which many call Wetliner locally as a result, but they are not as good as many fiberglass options.

The great thing about many of these Lunds are due to the forward battery trays, this put more weight near the center/front of the boat which really helps get on pad a little faster at the expense of a little speed. Max out the HP on the hull and you will get up quick. They also run nose high so that helps greatly in rough water ride.

I see a good amount of Pro V bass guys up here and they all love them.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lund1625 View Post
    What is the front deck length of the boat from the center of the trolling motor pedal to where the deck ends?

19. Member
    I went from a Skeeter wrangler in 97 to a 1900 ProV LE then a 2000 2025 Lund LE. The LE models are more like a typical Bass boat layout with the consoles to the rear, the SE model Lunds have the regular more forward consoles. The LE also has a 25" transom instead of the 20 which is a big plus for the big waters like the Great lakes which I have been out on many times. The son has a Ranger 620 with a 300 Yamaha set up for major catfish tournaments like the King Kat trail and others, another big water boat design. There is no way we could fish from a regular Bass Boat on some waters other than perfect weather day's.

20. Member
    I’m honestly blown away some fiberglass boat builders do not have a model with this layout. The XS layout is one of the best layouts for multiple people with cast or vertical angling at the heart of the design. Lund cannot keep this model in stock, even before covid it was a very hard find at a dealer, esp in a color you may want. Having more than 2 guys in a bass boat leaves a lot to be desired by the third angler, esp if a kid. Puts them right in the wind in a very uncomfortable seat. This design has some wind break plus comfortable seating for 4. The walk around cockpit is ideal for young anglers or older folks with issues.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast