Thread: Cisco

Cisco

Are Cisco s in LSC?

2. Member
    I've never heard of anyone catching them out there., and you would definitely be wasting your time if you tried. There are a few inland lakes in the area that are deeper that have decent populations.

3. dartag1829
    Maybe out the deep channels. I live on Union Lake in Commerce. They are in there but hard to catch. Have tried a few times. When we are sitting in deep water in the evenings you will see them surface eating bugs. The silver color reflects the sun. Would imagine with FFS you could locate the schools in deep water.

4. Member
    I was just at Lake Charlevoix and they were catching them at the bridge down town.

5. Member
    Thx

Quote Originally Posted by alby View Post
    I was just at Lake Charlevoix and they were catching them at the bridge down town.
    Caught one there a few years ago using a blade bait prespawn.

7. Member
    I fish for Cisco/ herring around Drummond every year..
    Cisco come out of lake Huron every year to gorge themselves on Mayfly larvae..I would be willing to bet there are some schools that travel down the SCR into Lake St Clair every year but I've never targeted them. They can be a challenge to fish for and you have to really target them by looking for large active mayfly hatches..
    We fish with 8 ft ultra light rods and ice fishing rigs tied to flourocarbon...They are super light biters..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn