Thread: Grill for 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Grill for 2

looking for a grill for just the 2 of us.
    Kids are raised and we have moved to smaller house, so large family get-together are at someone else’s house now.

I got a Pit Boss 540 at wally world for under $300. So far, so good. Can cook for 2 easily but will do a bunch more. Will fit a medium brisket, a couple slabs of ribs, maybe 2 pork butts. (Not all at the same time, obviously but you get the idea) I normally just throw a lot less on it. Goes easy on the pellets too.
    Last edited by fr8dog; 06-03-2023 at 08:13 PM.

3. Member
    For a gas grill I Use the weber Q. IT's about 15 years old and still going strong.

4. Member

If your looking for a gas, get a 2 burner infrared Char-Broil. Super fast and no grease fires.
    I BELIEVE!!!!

Wife and I have a Ninja Woodfire. Wanted something safe for use on a screened in deck.

I have done burgers, steaks, chicken, pork butt, hot dogs, sausage, peppers and onions.

Best purchase I ever made.

7. Member
    Medium Big Green Egg

8. Member
    Can't beat a tried and true 22" Weber Kettle but if you decide to go that route spend the extra coin and go with the 26". I have both and only cook for the wife and I but I find myself using my 26 more than I do my 22, add a Slow n Sear and you'll have a very versatile grill that will last a lifetime. If you decide to go with the 22" make sure you get the Premium model that has the ash pot and not just the little tray between the legs.

9. Smallmouth Junkie!
    I have a PK360 and love it. You can also use it to slow smoke a pork butt if you want.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

Large Big Green Egg is perfect for cooking for 2 or 10. If I’m smoking a brisket, pork butts, or ribs I sit the Food Saver on the counter before the meat is done. Once it’s rested, we eat, then bag and vacuum seal the remainder in portions for two.
    3/4 - 1lb. Servings of brisket, carnitas, or pulled pork.
    Pork ribs are split into portions of 7-8 ribs per pack.
    Beef ribs depending on size per rib.
    And nothing better than a steak on the BGE cooked at 650. And pizzas are outstanding on one.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Can't beat a tried and true 22" Weber Kettle but if you decide to go that route spend the extra coin and go with the 26". I have both and only cook for the wife and I but I find myself using my 26 more than I do my 22, add a Slow n Sear and you'll have a very versatile grill that will last a lifetime. If you decide to go with the 22" make sure you get the Premium model that has the ash pot and not just the little tray between the legs.
    I did exactly that with a 22”. I had never heard of the slow & sear but love it.

12. Member
    Wound up in the same place - 26 Weber Kettle with slow and sear. Usually try to cook two or three proteins on a Sunday and use through the week for meals. Slow and Sear is always in use on mine.

13. Member
    Love my slow and sear.

14. Member
    I have to ask, what is slow and sear.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bfric View Post
    I have to ask, what is slow and sear.
    It's basically a glorified charcoal basket but they are very heavy duty and well made. You can fill it with lit coals and get a screaming hot fire or 3/4 or more unlit and a few fully lit coats to get a low and slow fire.

https://snsgrills.com/products/slow-n-sear-deluxe

16. Member

17. Member
    It's basically a glorified charcoal basket but they are very heavy duty and well made. You can fill it with lit coals and get a screaming hot fire or 3/4 or more unlit and a few fully lit coats to get a low and slow fire.

https://snsgrills.com/products/slow-n-sear-deluxe
    Thank You for the info.

18. Member
    A couple of years ago I wanted a charcoal grill and went with the 18" Weber kettle for the two of us. Although it works fine, I'm giving serious thought to buying the 22" just fort the extra room when we have guests over and cooking for more than the two of us.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    A couple of years ago I wanted a charcoal grill and went with the 18" Weber kettle for the two of us. Although it works fine, I'm giving serious thought to buying the 22" just fort the extra room when we have guests over and cooking for more than the two of us.
    Yup, with the 22" grill you can easily cook for a party of 6...

But go on Facebook Marketplace. I have seen them many times for only $50 and they hold up very well so I wouldn't be concerned about buying a used one.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    Consider the 26", I cook for just me and my wife and use it almost exclusively over my 22"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast