Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Meeting Celebrities?

What celebrities have you guys randomly met?
    Michael Jackson sat on my airplane once is probably the closest I've been

I used to fly all the time for work and I'd see one every once in a while at the airport. I didn't actually meet them as I won't bother them, but I've seen a few. I'm not very good at recognizing people either, I once stood 3 feet away from Willie Mays and didn't know it until I heard someone say "Hey it's Willie Mays!"

3. Member
    Kevin Costner in Restaurant/ bar in Colorado last September, his ranch actually borders a friend of mine,

4. Member
    Wife and I sat down for lunch at Cracker Barrel here in Greenville, TX and she noticed Goldberg was sitting one table over. We did not bother him. When he got up to leave I noticed he left his ear buds behind and I got to run them out to him at the register.

When I was a teenager I worked at my uncle's upholstery shop. One day George Jones came stumbling in through the door and had to grab hold of a table to keep from falling. The first words out of his mouth was "I hate these damn boots".

There's been others but that one always sticks out in my mind.

6. Member
    James Earl Jones was walking through the San Diego airport once while waiting for my plane.

Met Austin Kutcher, Tara Reid, and Carmen Electra in Vegas, pre-punked days, wife (GF at the time) flew me out for my birthday, and they were in the Hard Rock filming an elevator prank. Somewhere there is a video of Carmen and Tara with their arms around me singing happy birthday.
    Saw Richard Karn in the Imperial Palace that same weekend playing craps.

Many pro athletes over my years, many Chicago Bears when I was young.
    Walter Payton
    Jim Covert
    Dan Hampton
    Steve McMichael
    Willie Gault

Musicians:
    Van Halen during David Lee Roth days
    Jackyl
    Robin Trower
    Poison showed up at a club I was playing after their show was over and came on stage and jammed with us for a couple of songs.

7. Member
    Met Billy Joel several times…. Even graduated HS with him….. In 1992.
    That supermodel was there too.
    Many PGA golfers, my wife’s company had the contract for the tents, tables, chairs, etc for the private party at the Masters.
    Almost,(probably all) of the mid-80’s New York islanders.
    A few others along the way as well
    I'd Rather be Fishing

My buddy used to make out with one of Frank Sinatra's daughters in his living room in Palm Springs. I've never had half that luck.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Sat next to Jimmy Houston a couple times between OKC and Houston, TX. A few Detroit Piston players rode with us several times. I’d offer them rides in business class because they were tall but they just wanted to stay in coach(?). Ivanka Trump was with us twice. Very classy young lady. Enjoyed talking to her. The entire Detroit Red Wings team and Scotty Bowman when we took them from BWI to DET with the Stanley Cup. That was an interesting flight. Got a pic holding the cup that night (morning). A couple members of the royal family moving from England to the US. A couple rappers from Detroit. Can’t remember names but the guy was real nice, the gal? Not so much. Even the FA’s disliked her. A few politicians along the way.

Edit: Shot the bull with Reggie McKenzie for a couple hours at a hotel bar in Detroit. Got some good stories about OJ that night. Great guy, down to earth. Shook hands as we left and it was like grabbing a baseball mitt.
    Last edited by fr8dog; 06-03-2023 at 05:27 PM.

10. Member
    Used to serve John Candy at a restaurant (take-out window) every Monday night, years ago, yes he loved Swiss Chalet chicken! He knew I knew who he was but I never let on with the other customers. Also met Ray Scott, very funny guy, entertained a few of my friends and I at the Toronto Sportsman Show for half an hour and signed my copy of "Bass Boss" for me.

11. Member
    Met Evil Kneivel at a truck stop in the middle of the night coming back from a Boy Scouts fishing trip at lake of the woods. He seemed nice and gave us all a bunch of signed stuff.

met Sondra Bullock at the navy fleet landing while she was filming Speed 2 in Saint Martin. Her ferry boat dropped her off at our fleet landing while I was the Shore Patrol Officer. She sat in out tent while she waited for a car service to pick her up. I actually thought she was way more beautiful in person then on screen.

also Met Robin Williams in a bar in Cannes, France he was just as funny in person and wouldn’t let any of us pay for our drinks while he was there which was about 4 hours.
    John the Garage Doorman

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    2.7 million frequent flyer miles and I’ve only met two people either on a plane or in the airport. Harry Smith of CBS news and World of Outlaw driver Brad Sweet. Brad was a great guy, we chatted all the way from Charlotte to Sacramento and a year later I found myself sitting next to his dad on the same route, another nice person to meet. I once saw Alexander Haig eating a steak at the table next to me and literally almost collided in a doorway with Bill Clinton’s special prosecutor from the Whitewater, etc. investigation. That’s it!

13. Member
    I got paid my hourly for three hrs last week while Nicole Kidman took a nap and a swim between shoots. I will say I was aggravated and had to postpone another job, but a grand for sitting in my truck and scrolling is hard to beat.

Back stage passes for Grand Funk Railroad so I got to meet all of the band.
    My favorite celebrity meet was Lynn Swann in the Pittsburgh airport on my way back to Dallas. We visited for quite a while. Really nice guy.
    I figured he would be bigger. Opinions vary.
    Jewel in Dallas at a show at a small venue. Very nice lady, and fine as frog hair.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Addict View Post
    Met Billy Joel several times…. Even graduated HS with him….. In 1992.
    That supermodel was there too.
    Many PGA golfers, my wife’s company had the contract for the tents, tables, chairs, etc for the private party at the Masters.
    Almost,(probably all) of the mid-80’s New York islanders.
    A few others along the way as well
    That would mean Billy Joel graduated HS at age 50? Born 1949

Had dinner with AJ Foyt and family.
    Smoked with Jerry Garcia, Bob Weir and Leon Russel.

P01135809

17. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    My daughter and I were in NYC standing in front of Planet Hollywood waiting for our ride. Just a few feet away was a some NYC police officers and a couple people with TV cameras. I really gave it no thought until I saw Mario Lopez come out of Planet Hollywood packing a cup of coffee. He stop no more than a few feet away from us. We could hear him say to his assistant what his plans were for the interview. He hands off the coffee and proceeds to interview 3 NYC police officers. This was a segment for the TV show Extra that he was the host of. It was to promote how safe NYC was post 911. The next night we watched ourselves on TV in the background as Mario Lopez is only a few feet away from us.

Muhammad Ali back around 1990. Passing through the Dayton Ohio airport I worked at. I got his autograph on a barf bag (unused lol) that was in my pocket since I cleaned planes between flights.
    Also saw a few wrestlers come through. The Islanders, Ted DeBiasa, Macho Man ooowh yeaaah

19. Member
    My son met Ike and before Ike could say anything, my son said, “Would you like my autograph?”

Elin Nordegren at the Rivera golf course in LA. She was following her then husband Tiger and I walked 2 holes with her, and yes, she is very attractive.

Next day Mike Tyson at LAX. He is not very tall, but his hand wrapped around mine (and about crushed mine) with his handshake.

I am friends with the former Pro wrestler Lex Luger. I and some other friends would meet of Fridays to have breakfast. I met Billie 'White shoe' Johnson there.

I met and had dinner with Sec of State ED Muskie back around 1974 at a Ga Tech Round table conference that we in ROTC sponsored.

Met a few and talked with several in the 1980's

I got to know Atlanta Brave's Catcher Biff Pocoroba. He passed away in 2020.

Met and talked with MC Hammer. He sat behind me on a flight from ATL to SFO. I was relatively alone in the back of coach. Just before deprture, MC and his small posse boarded and wanted to sit in the back of the plane. He asked if it was OK with me.

I talked with the Indigo Girls (2 female singers) coming up the escalator from the train to baggage claim in ATL.

I met and talked with Sen. Sam Nunn coming back on the train from an Atlanta Braves World Series game. That was when there were hearings on the Clarence Thomas SC nomination. I had a little 1.5in TV with me. We were seated on th traiin facing each other. H askd what i was watching. I told him,"news of the hearing". He ask what thot of them. I told him I thot it was a railroad job against Thomas and why. He was flying back to DC that night for the vote. He voted for Thomas. The next Ga Senatorial election, i voted for Nunn because he truely wanted to know what I thot that evening. Because of that chat, he's the only canidate with a D beside his name that I have ever voted for.

I used to vacation with a bunch of friends nearly every year in the 80's at Hilton Head the week before Labor Day. Leslie Nielsen (Frank Dreben of Police Squad fame) usually stayed at the same hotel. It was a kick to be in the elevator with him because he carry around a small bag to make Farting Sounds. He loved to see how ruffled the well-to-do, "nose in the air" people would get. He would just walk out with that straight-faced comical look he was famous for. He also would carry around a hand buzzer to stun people who wanted to shake his hand.

In the mid 80's I was enamored with one of the early Weather Channel blonde weather girls, Rebecca Erwin. (Goes by Becky Miller now, I think in the Ft Worth area) I was on faculty of Emory in Pediatrics at that time and I found out she would occasionally come to Egleston Children's Hosp to volunteer. I wrote her a letter asking if I could meet at Egleston the next time she came. She responded back and we met and talked for a while. To my chagrin I learnd she had just started dating one of the local TV stations traffic helicoptr pilots.

I fished a day with Brent Chapman on Old Hickory in the early 2000's.
    Talked with Jimmy Houston for a bit, and had him sign a book that he wrote for my brother.
    Last edited by Booster; 06-03-2023 at 04:55 PM.
    2018 Nitro Z18 w/175 HP Merc ProXs
    16ft Monark - all Electric (70#bow, 2x45# stern)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast