Vessel View Mobile Fault Codes

Hey guys, I finally got my Optimax 115 (Serial# 1B934109, Model# 1115D73HY) out after installing the vessel view mobile module to monitor engine conditions. I am due for a water pump and spark plugs, but pressures and temps looked within range. I did get a couple of faults that I wanted to run by you guys before putting it in the water again. I think I’ve found in other threads that these are a non issue but want to make sure.

1st was - 711-24 Oil level sensor. The input circuit for the sensor is above the valid limit…..I believe this is the code you get if you don’t have the auxiliary oil tank with sending unit correct?

2nd was - 451-25 Pitot Pressure. The input circuit for the sensor is below the valid limit….Is this one due to blockage or lack of installed equipment?

I really appreciate all of your help. It has given me a lot to go on with this new to me engine.

PS-Does the service manual break down fault codes even further than the Vessel View App? I’m ordering one on Monday from Don.

2. Member
    Forgot to add, no beeps of any sort from the console. Just the faults in Vessel View App

3. Member
    sensors not connected on this engine / yes correct
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    Thank you for confirming Joe! I really appreciate it. I’m still new to the Mercury/Optimax world so just being cautious and trying to do everything correctly. I’ve learned from past outboards that small missed details can be very costly. Also I see your location, it’s awesome to know there is a very knowledgeable resource close by!! This forum and its participants are one of the best I’ve ever been a part of. Thanks again!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KiloTango29 View Post
    Thank you for confirming Joe! I really appreciate it. This forum and its participants are one of the best I’ve ever been a part of. Thanks again!!
    ^^^^ ,, very costly for sure
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................