Power Pole new line problems

So a few weeks ago I had a line bust that was several years old. PP was great to deal with and sent me brand new lines and fittings. You really couldn’t ask for a better company. I replaced all the lines and bled the system. Everything was good for a few weeks, I really didn’t use them but maybe 5 times since then and last night I had the same line bust again. What could be going on or what did I do wrong? From the picture you can see its a blow out. The line isn’t pinched anywhere and nothing is touching it. The bust happened both times on the outside of the boat between the boat and the PP.
    IMG_0220.jpeg
    Last edited by WERA44; 06-03-2023 at 10:29 AM.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Typically this is caused by heat. The sun could be hitting the splashwell of the boat, reflecting back onto the line. Line warms up, gets soft, and bursts resulting in what looks like your picture. When sold with the Power Pole system they included a 5' section of FLEXO to be placed over the hoses. The flexo not only cleans up the install but also can protect the lines from the sun/hear etc. JMO. I have seen this a number of times. Always located in the splashwell area.
    Last edited by Hydrilla Gear; 06-05-2023 at 09:45 AM.

3. Member
    Thank you for the reply. I could see where that would be possible. Not sure that’s what’s going on with mine. I do have the flexo line over it and it actually happened at night during a tournament. I’m just glad it stay in the up position. I have an email into PP I’ll let you know what they tell me.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA44 View Post
    Thank you for the reply. I could see where that would be possible. Not sure that’s what’s going on with mine. I do have the flexo line over it and it actually happened at night during a tournament. I’m just glad it stay in the up position. I have an email into PP I’ll let you know what they tell me.
    Interesting. I will look into this more for the brain bank

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    CERTINLY NOT SURE WHATS GOING ON WITH YOURS I HAD 1.0 POLES FOR 4 YEARS NEVER HAD A LEAK OR LINE BUST.

Lol same thing happened to me on sunday on 1 year old lines, weird thing was as we were cleaning the walleyes the other blue one blew sitting on the trailer. It seems like it's always blue. Im thinking of putting white corrugated wire loom sheathing around them and then in the flexo cover

and yes powerpole has been great but looking at the invoice it doesn't look like he saw both blew so i may have to use a black line on the blue side. That would be annoying.

kind of looks like pp saw this comment and has shipped me another package, if so that would be sweet , time will tell
    Last edited by Fishysam; 06-08-2023 at 08:01 AM.