Ionics 50AH Performance

Wanted to share my experience with Lithium batteries. The boat in my siggy has a Ghost TM and my battery setup is (3) Ionic 50 AH batteries for the TM and just recently a 125AH for the cranking battery. I had this week off week and fished every day which was awesome btw. After a day of fishing for me Tuesday, my batteries showed 84% power left. I fished Wednesday also before charging and was still at 72%. I charged them Wed night and fished yesterday and today and by the end of today, I was at 76%. Now I'm fishing lakes, not current, but I'm blown away with how long I can go between charges. Without a doubt I could fish 3 full days w/o needing to charge. I run a Noco genius charger and easily these are the best batteries I've ever used.

My Ghost being brushless is easier on batteries but still I'm beyond impressed with the 50AH batteries. If you're on the fence between 50 and 100AH batteries, in my experience 50AH is all you need.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

I have the same setup and I'm on my 3rd year with the 125 and second year with the 50's

I can get 3 days of fun fishing or 2 tournament days with no issues

The other thing I love is the time it takes to charge I had an old 15 amp per bank MK charger and it would take a full 12 hours to get a full charge on my wet cell batteries

Now I have a new NOCO 10 amp per bank charger and it takes about half the time depending on how low they are

Use to be the first thing I would do when I got home was plug the charger in now I have to remind myself I plugged it in before leaving because I don't do it that often anymore

They may cost a pretty penny upfront but they save you money in the long run
    "The handicapped angler"

3. Member
    Same set up. I've been out of action with a knee surgery for over a month now. I went out and checked the status of my 3 Ionic 50ah and they all show 99% charge. It's probably been 6 weeks since I charged them. I've not run them below 80% yet even on a longer fishing day. My starting battery is a 100ah Tracker which is a rebranded Relion. It has worked well but I wish it had the built in bluetooth. The only reason I have it is because of the $1K BPS gift card I got when I bought the boat.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

fished yesterday for 6 hours and mine were at 90% - have a 100ah for electronics running 126sv with livescope, mega 360, (2) helix 9 and (1) helix 10. That battery was at 50%

5. Member
    Same setup in my boat. Wife and I take a weeks vacation with casual fishing everyday and I don't even bring a charger anymore. This year I was at 30% when we got home.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    Wanted to share my experience with Lithium batteries. The boat in my siggy has a Ghost TM and my battery setup is (3) Ionic 50 AH batteries for the TM and just recently a 125AH for the cranking battery. I had this week off week and fished every day which was awesome btw. After a day of fishing for me Tuesday, my batteries showed 84% power left. I fished Wednesday also before charging and was still at 72%. I charged them Wed night and fished yesterday and today and by the end of today, I was at 76%. Now I'm fishing lakes, not current, but I'm blown away with how long I can go between charges. Without a doubt I could fish 3 full days w/o needing to charge. I run a Noco genius charger and easily these are the best batteries I've ever used.

My Ghost being brushless is easier on batteries but still I'm beyond impressed with the 50AH batteries. If you're on the fence between 50 and 100AH batteries, in my experience 50AH is all you need.
    I bought two 50Ah and I can't believe how long those tiny batteries last. I'm using them with a MG Tour Pro so no brushless bennies either.

7. Member
    Thanks guys for this info. Just what I was looking for with my Ranger Z520 and a Ghost. Looking to loose some weight to help with my holeshot when fully loaded down.
    2008 Ranger Z520 DC 2016 Suzuki 250SS
    1997 Javelin 400TDC 1997 Johnson 200 Venom