Always something....but I figured it out. I hope

Bought a new modem a few weeks ago and decided to install and set it up today. Well follow the instructions and ended having to call Cox to get it to initialize and work. Spent about 30 minutes or so on the phone and it finally connected. Hang up and go to hook it up to the Router and should be easy right? Router stopped working? I thought I had fried it. I ended up having to reset the router and then re do the login just like it was brand new. Then I had to redo the network and decided to change passwords and set it up. Finally got it working and I hope all is well when I get home. It seems faster. Nothing ever goes simply. Rant over. Happy Friday

FYI its a Netgear CM1100.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    That sounds like many of my projects and repairs. However when it comes to routers and modems I’ve been fortunate not to have an issue like that if so my brain would be fried before the router. It has to be luck as I have no technological skills.

3. Moderator
    Come into my office today and our Quickbooks will not email out. We use Gmail. Find out there is some kind of issue between QB/Intuit and Gmail right now. No one can send out emails from the company. Spend tons of time trying to fix it before I find this out. I pay an absurd amount of money every year to rent QB and it's atrocious.

4. Member
    I leave all the modem and router stuff to the wife and youngest daughter. All I know how to do is the old three fingered salute.

So far everything is working fine. Just gotta reconnect all the devices. Changed my password so I had to make a list of everything. Ohh well. It's Friday.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

I've working in IT Networking and security all my life and I couldn't imagine trying to set up modems and routers without my experience.