Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

USA Keith Poche is creeping -look out!

Keith making a move -hitting up backwater areas -look out for the flying aluminum -LOL!!!!

I hope he wins. Could be an epic speech.

I hope he had a pre-tournament discussion with the TD about off limits areas and about his boat leaving the water!

4. Member
    If he wins some people would loose their minds.
    Semper Fi

Louisiana water is connected to Texas water.....

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Louisiana water is connected to Texas water.....
    Hahaha!!! That’s funny!
    Semper Fi

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
    If he wins some people would loose their minds.
    they sure would ……Keith is likely fishing the most unpressured water of any of the anglers -I give him the greatest chance for a big run to the top-fingers crossed :)

8. Member
    And he gets 0 camera time? What's up with that????.
    Justin Hrach

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger115hp View Post

He probably could not fish his way with 3 people in the boat plus a trail boat can't get into those spots.

10. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger115hp View Post
    After Day 1 the Top 6 get cameras and he wasn't Top 6.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

11. Member
    BASS did a photo gallery on the website with some of his day 2 catches

Interesting strategy he has, and I see why he could make tournament organizers nervous.

Isn’t the spirit of tournament fishing an attempt to determine the best fisherman on that particular day, by everyone fishing waters available to everyone in the field, then seeing whose tactics, luck, and skill is the best?

Poche’s strategy of attempting to fish waters that are technically legal, yet unavailable to the rest of the field seems contrary to the spirit of tournament fishing to me.

If the contest becomes about who can get a boat over and through the most difficult obstacles and aquatic terrain, maybe call it something other than a bass tournament?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Interesting strategy he has, and I see why he could make tournament organizers nervous.

Isn’t the spirit of tournament fishing an attempt to determine the best fisherman on that particular day, by everyone fishing waters available to everyone in the field, then seeing whose tactics, luck, and skill is the best?

Poche’s strategy of attempting to fish waters that are technically legal, yet unavailable to the rest of the field seems contrary to the spirit of tournament fishing to me.

If the contest becomes about who can get a boat over and through the most difficult obstacles and aquatic terrain, maybe call it something other than a bass tournament?

He will be at a disadvantage going into the northern swing. I have no problem with he way he fishes. He chooses that boat knowing he will not be able to get to fish on some of the bodies of waters. Other guys choose to have bigger boats and have the advantage on bigger bodies of water. Probably all equals out in the end.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

14. Member
    So anybody know where he is fishing? obsessively the river, but like the location?

Quote Originally Posted by 218_fishing View Post
    So anybody know where he is fishing? obsessively the river, but like the location?
    There are a couple of rivers he could be on. The Neches River is fair game.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    He probably could not fish his way with 3 people in the boat plus a trail boat can't get into those spots.
    It would just be 2 people in the boat. Boats with cameras don’t have marshals.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

Quote Originally Posted by WStorey View Post
    It would just be 2 people in the boat. Boats with cameras don’t have marshals.

Perhaps it's a conspiracy then to freeze Poche out.....

18. Member
    I'm sure his homies have a little creek nicely stocked for him. He should do well.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post

Correct. Poche fishes waters that are available to everyone in the tournament. He is not a bad guy for being willing to sacrifice a serious boat advantage to get places others aren't willing to go. The water he is fishing this week is available to everyone in the tournament

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Bassin View Post
    He will be at a disadvantage going into the northern swing. I have no problem with he way he fishes. He chooses that boat knowing he will not be able to get to fish on some of the bodies of waters. Other guys choose to have bigger boats and have the advantage on bigger bodies of water. Probably all equals out in the end.
    Equipment choices aside, the strategy is what I find interesting. The northern swing will have the same opportunities for him somewhere; to get his boat places the rest of the field cannot.

I offer no judgements, as I see it both ways, and I’m speaking to the strategy of one angler, not the rules, so to speak.

The core attraction of fishing to me is timeless exploration, discovery, and finding places others haven’t or cannot.

However, tournament fishing, with its rules, time restrictions, regulations on equipment, defined locations and boundaries and such, is not that. In fact, the spirit of a contest event is quite the opposite.

It’s a strategy that seems to fly in the face of the spirit of the tournament event.
    Last edited by 188Musky; 06-02-2023 at 12:52 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast