2006 ZX 190 Livewell Drain Issue

Went to drain both live wells yesterday as my son was pulling me out of the water and the Starboard live well drain was stuck on closed. I was able to get it to turn to Open but the water would not drain out of the Starboard live well. Can anyone let me know what I can do to diagnose this issue? How to fix? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Member
    Could be trash (scales, etc) in the valve. They are easy to disassemble and check, but access to the valve may not be easy.

3. Member
    I had luck clearing a drain by spraying water with a garden hose alternating from the transom drain holes and down the Livewell drain hole with someone working the valve open and closed.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnhams View Post
    I had luck clearing a drain by spraying water with a garden hose alternating from the transom drain holes and down the Livewell drain hole with someone working the valve open and closed.
    Yep, forgot about this. You can do it alone, just make sure the valve is in the right position relative to the opening you are spraying into.