Moving from Helix to Solix - Question...

Simple question on Waypoint management. Being a Helix owner I understand that waypoints are only stored physically on one unit but then shared visually across the network. Is this the same way for the Solix Gen 3 or if I save a waypoint to one unit it will also be "physically" stored on the other units.

I am hoping this is the case as I'd really like to be able to delete or edit a waypoint from any unit instead of having to check/verify which unit I originally created the waypoint on like I currently have to on the Helix system.

I ended up losing a bunch of waypoints the other day when I exported waypoints from one unit on an SD card directly into another unit. When I exported the waypoints on unit 1 only the waypoints that were created on unit 1 went to the card. Then, when i put the SD Card into my second unit it automatically imported the data but also rewrote everything else on the unit, including the waypoints that were saved on that unit which now were lost.

No, I didn't save them on HBPC which was a mistake. Won't happen again.

SOLIX/ONIX/ION/APEX units write waypoints to the other unit's memory physically. If you load waypoints to one unit, every one networked gets them also in their waypoint librarys.

HBPC is not fully functional for those unit's GPS data, some icons don't transfer as they are in Helix/number series units. All of those units have icons in boxes that you can chose a color for each if you want that much ID control.

Helix/number series units do not share GPS data physically. They share visually from the unit that has them. You can have different waypoints in different units and they will share visually. If you mark a waypoint with one unit that waypoint is only in that unit. When you export the GPS data, ONLY the unit you are doing has its waypoint library copied to a memory card. Their data is managed in a MATRIX folder. ONLY one MATRIX folder can be on a memory card, so if you have multiple units sharing waypoints, you need multiple memory cards for exporting each unit's waypoint library.

Also Waypoints, Routes, and Tracks are managed separately. To Export those, you have to do them separately. AND those units will not read the MATRIX folder to load GPS data. Have to SAVE AS GPX to a memory card to load to those units.

If you have a Helix or number series networked with those units, they will be displayed as a group by the unit's model and can be copied (Import Shared) to those unit's memory and shared to all physically.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

No waypoints on one unit are not written to the memory of the other unit . But Solix will share the mapping card to any other solix on the network.

4. Member
    Thank you as always Wayne. So to confirm with Solix I will be able to save a waypoint on my bow graph and later edit the name or color of the same waypoint on the console dash. Furthermore, I can simply use one SD card on one unit to export waypoints and be certain that is capturing every single waypoint created on any networked graph unlike the Helix.

5. Member
    Not sure this is correct as it would contradicts Wayne’s initial sentence. If Waypoint 100 is created on graph A I can move to graph B, edit and export waypoint 100 on graph B without worrying about graph A (source of the creation of waypoint 100)

Quote Originally Posted by picollen View Post
    Thank you as always Wayne. So to confirm with Solix I will be able to save a waypoint on my bow graph and later edit the name or color of the same waypoint on the console dash. Furthermore, I can simply use one SD card on one unit to export waypoints and be certain that is capturing every single waypoint created on any networked graph unlike the Helix.
    Yes, just did that with two units on my desk to confirm the waypoints edit. Did several to see if the change transferred.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by picollen View Post
    Not sure this is correct as it would contradicts Wayne’s initial sentence. If Waypoint 100 is created on graph A I can move to graph B, edit and export waypoint 100 on graph B without worrying about graph A (source of the creation of waypoint 100)
    Yes both units will have the same data in their waypoint libraries. Makes no difference which unit is used, all get the same data as soon as anything is changed.

If you delete one, it deletes that one on every unit.
    Last edited by Wayne P.; 06-02-2023 at 05:57 AM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbeefishin View Post
    No waypoints on one unit are not written to the memory of the other unit . But Solix will share the mapping card to any other solix on the network.
    Your statement is correct for Helix but not for Solix and Apex. As Wayne stated, with the Solix and Apex, every waypoint is physically stored on every unit. It doesn't matter which unit you use to create the waypoint, it will physically be stored on every unit on the network.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers