Removed the Passenger Console Now What...?

After removing the passenger Console for the first time on the cougar I noticed some scuffing on the gel that's too deep to get out with compound. Anyone have any thoughts on what I can do to cover the blemishes? Not sure if I will stay with single console or swap back and forth. It definitely opens the boat up.

2. Member
    No one has ever removed their passenger Console and had some gel scuffed ?

Some of the older boats may have had some scuffing before the pebble wrap to separate the console. Usually it’s because of vibration and it’s worse if the console is loose. You can place pebble adhesive material against the deck also to hide scuffs. We want the console taught to the side to reduce items from slipping into the crack between deck and console, vibration will eat any material placed against the console or face also. Fiberglass is a very aggressive material.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Some of the older boats may have had some scuffing before the pebble wrap to separate the console. Usually it’s because of vibration and it’s worse if the console is loose. You can place pebble adhesive material against the deck also to hide scuffs. We want the console taught to the side to reduce items from slipping into the crack between deck and console, vibration will eat any material placed against the console or face also. Fiberglass is a very aggressive material.
    Ok thanks, I don't consider my cougar older... 2019 model??? I ordered some 6mm seadek type material and see if that works.

No it’s not older and the console should have pebble grain thin vinyl material between the console and deck. Though we don’t know a year model from your post and removable consoles go back several years now.

6. Member
    No it’s not older and the console should have pebble grain thin vinyl material between the console and deck. Though we don’t know a year model from your post and removable consoles go back several years now.
    Theres nothing between the console just gel to gel. If I add the 6mm seadek strip will it effect the reinstall of the console if/when I feel like adding it back???

6MM is likely too thick.

8. Member
    6MM is likely too thick.
    Hmmmmm... I guess I'm gonna try. Love my bass cat but not cool making a removable console that causes damage.