Thread: Green valley

USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar

Green valley

Hit it today and caught several quality fish but nothing over 3lbs. We were shocked to see the lake level until we realized the lake is like 4 feet down because they are working on the spillway on the other side of the road. Definitely affected the fishing and you would think they would list this on DNR website but no mention of it. Looks like a long term project so I’ll be avoiding GV rest of the season
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

2. Member
    Thanks for letting us know. Glad you got out and caught some fish. I’ve been out Saturdays and going “ok” . Been trying some newer
    Electric only places. That’s been fun but haven’t found anything great yet Lol.

3. Member
    That sucks they should have done that work last year while they were rebuilding the main boat ramp. My club has a tournament scheduled there in august May have to think about moving it.
    John the Garage Doorman

4. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    That sucks they should have done that work last year while they were rebuilding the main boat ramp. My club has a tournament scheduled there in august May have to think about moving it.
    John, you can launch fine and still catch fish but it’s low. They drained it so the work going on doesn’t get flooded out down at bottom of the spillway. Looks like they are repairing spillway walls
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

5. Member
    Dam ramp is very shallow and wouldn’t recommend but the beach ramp is okay. Watched a tourney weigh in on Sunday and winners had over 24lbs.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowabassguy View Post
    Dam ramp is very shallow and wouldn’t recommend but the beach ramp is okay. Watched a tourney weigh in on Sunday and winners had over 24lbs.
    Any clue what pattern they caught them on?

7. Member
    We fished mostly all grass line first thing in the morning and then swithced to brush.

8. Member
    That’s a great bag of fish!!