Autochart live questions

If I want to record contours on an unmapped lake do I need to use the autochart zero card or can I use a regular SD card and format it on my PC? After formatting can I export it on a zero card? I was looking at the $199 priced bundle and the directions stated using a SD card. Thanks

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    You don’t need any card at all for the first 8 hours of mapping. After that, or to transfer to another unit or process it with the Autochart software, the Zero Lines card is the only card that will work.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

The PC software comes with a Zero Line card. Zero Lines are zero depth (shorelines). The card has millions of them.
    Mapping created by the PC software Auto Chart.

You can also do Auto Chart Live with the unit built in mapping software for up to 8 hours in the unit's memory, once the unit's memory is full you either have to delete the created Auto Chart Live mapping or transfer the data to a Zero Line card. You can purchase just the Zero Line card for that process. You can also do Auto Chart Live directly to a Zero Line card.

With the PC software, you can use either a Zero Line card or RECORD sonar logs to a regular memory card to collect the data and process it with the PC software Auto Chart or Auto Chart Pro. Mapping created that way is copied to a Zero Line card for use in a display.

Auto Chart Live mapping is an overlay on whatever mapping you are using in the unit = Humminbird Basemap, ContourXD, Lakemaster or Navionics.

Auto Chart mapping created with the PC software is a primary map like Lakemaster.

The file types are different and read differently by the unit.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL