Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. Member
    "Green Acres is the place for me, ..........." Some of you young guys might not get it!
    2009 G3 Eagle 180 / 2009 Yamaha F115 / Minn Kota Maxxum 80 / Helix 7 Chirp SI GPS G2N on Bow & Console

2. Member
    Country all the way! Have lived in cities for at least 30 years but just prefer the country.

I would like to live in a small town that has access to all the amenities nearby- no more than 10-20 miles or so away. This describes the area in northern Michigan where we plan to buy a vacation/retirement home in another 5 years or so. Rural living with great fishing but a nearby city that has everything we need. I have lived in a middle class neighborhood in Chicago (hated that), dated a girl and spent all summer at her apartment in a trendy part of Chicago (Wrigleyville) and I loved that when I was in my 20s but wouldn't nowadays at my age. The suburbs kinda suck but are practical. My father lived in extreme rural So IL where it was a good 45 minutes to a decent grocery store, hardware store, or fast food place. That was a little too rustic for me.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

4. Member
    Country and it isn't even close.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

5. Member
    I grew up in the country, moved to the city when got married, and now own a home back in the country where my wife grew up. I would never move back to the city.

6. Member
    Spent 48 years in a "county town" that unfortunately became a city that was swallowed by the crime, overgrowth and crooked politics. It broke my heart the leave that place, but simple country life living is what my soul prefers.
    Just be kind to one another. It really is that simple.

https://www.instagram.com/the_lenny_draper/

7. Member
    City

...so I can be a BBC minority and receive special benefits from Al
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

City. I'm no rube.

Seriously, I miss our Arizona ranch and I miss my old Kentucky home. Maybe one day we'll get out of Phoenix but it would be tough to move away from our kids and grandchildren.

And... I'm still working a big city job.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

9. Member
    I like to visit Manhattan for the energy, walking, food.... but the lack of crime prevention and lock-ups of those doing crimes...and with more and more rights and neglect of homeless squatters everywhere .....makes it tough to feel safe in any city any more

But if you go to Europe and check out a city like Zurich Switzerland..... i would enjoy city dwelling

10. Member
    Northern suburb of the city is as close as I want to live to it, can't stand traffic or noise !

Small town but were really in the country on 10 acres but only about 5 miles from Walmart

12. Member
    City for me. I love visiting friends in the country, but I would miss convenience where I live too much. I can get out to the country in 20 minutes but I can also get gas, food, and just about anything, including the boat launch withing 10 minutes. Of course with anything it has drawbacks, many at times, but I can never see moving.

13. Member
    Is that even a question. No cities for me

14. Member
    I always thought I’d like living in the country, but as I get older the more I dislike it. Everything is such a damn inconvenience. Gotta go to the doctor…1 hour drive….need something from the grocery store…30 minute drive…seems like all we do is sit at home, because it’s such an event to do anything. Plus gas kills us.

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    I always thought I’d like living in the country, but as I get older the more I dislike it. Everything is such a damn inconvenience. Gotta go to the doctor…1 hour drive….need something from the grocery store…30 minute drive…seems like all we do is sit at home, because it’s such an event to do anything. Plus gas kills us.

Here I am wishing I could be home more. I can always find something that needs doing around here.

16. Member
    Country for me. Always has been, always will be. Have worked in cities but would not live there. I have seen many people move to the city to work but seems in retirement they always want to come back to the country.

We are fixing to move to the country, forever. It is such a gamble when you move into a neighborhood with zero lot line. Neighbors can make or break a good house purchase. And you just never know until it's too late!
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

18. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    I've lived on the far outskirts of big cities and built a shite ton of high rises, bridges, overpasses, and a few city halls as they expanded outward. I changed careers in mid life and began teaching in 6 toe county and eventually retired there.

Never engaged in true city life. I can't see my neighbours, we have a large acreage (bush and wetland), enjoy nature, and I can't see condo life in the future. Although as I approach 70, I do see a small cabin in the distance to lessen the load of large gardens and land maintenance. A fish in the lake, and a walk in the woods with my shotgun and dog is a must.

I've been blessed, but I have always planned and worked for it. Retirement with sufficient income and resources in the right place is a great job. You should try it someday!
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

19. Member
    Country born,will leave it in a box...there's only 12 registered voters in our town ship...36 sections of land.

20. Member
    Country. I live on my 400 acres. A mile down the road to a boat ramp on a 30,000 acre lake. I needed some deck screws today and 25 miles to the closest walmart and tractor supply. Wouldnt change for anything.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast