Mercmonitor Question

I have a 2010 188vx ranger with 175 opti that has the 2 inch square mercmonitor, question is can i change to the round mercmonitor eco 4.602 by just plugging it up with the harness currently hooked to the square one. Boat also has nmea network but it doesn't appear to be hooked to the motor. only thing that comes up on the garmin when hooked to it is lowrance precision gps and temp sensor.What would it take to hook nmea to motor.

2. Member
    we will have to get some smartcraft folks in on that one as your likely will have to add some components for it to operate correctly
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Your square device is a Smartcraft system monitor. I upgraded from a system monitor to Mercmonitor many years ago, only additional part I had to get was a gender adapter cable. I bought the optional fuel, oil, paddle harness and remote tank level kit so remote tank level displayed on Mercmonitor.

Have Raymarine MFD with NMEA network, can't help with Garmin.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax