2000 Ranger 520 fading stripe

I have a 2000 ranger 520 that looks pretty good considering the age. Most of the top cap is very shiny and looks almost like the day that I brought it home from the dealer. One of the stripes on the top cap is very dull, the actual gel oat is good just there is no shine to it at all. Not sure what is going on but it looks like the factory might have forgot the clear gel when they built the boat (because it is just the one stripe). The boat was never repaired so I know nothing like that was in this area.

question is, can I scuff up the gel coat and shoot some clear gel on that stripe? I would mask off the other areas as they are shined. I painted several cars so know what a spray gun does but it there a procedure for shooting the clear gel coat?

DO NOT shoot clear over it. Wet sand it and buff it. The clear will cause allot more problems later.

Don't be Dull, Let Your Boat Shine with Pro-Tec WWW.PROTECPRODUCTS.COM

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cat19 View Post
    DO NOT shoot clear over it. Wet sand it and buff it. The clear will cause allot more problems later.
    . I can wet sand and buff all I want and it will never be shined like the rest of the boat. I tried on a small spot but am willing to try again. Do you have a procedure and what products will give the best results?

check out the video on our website. It explains the process. Use the Nu Paint Moisturizer and Sealant Polish. WWW.PROTECPRODUCTS.COM

Don't be Dull, Let Your Boat Shine with Pro-Tec WWW.PROTECPRODUCTS.COM

Message sent..
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com