Blown Merc 250 ProXS

Hey guys! I unfortunately had my motor blow while on Monona last week. My question is who would be the most reputable company to fix it in Wisconsin. I know it won’t be a cheap fix but I’m looking for a reasonable price.
    thanks.
    2013 BassCat Eyra
    Mercury Pro XS 250

2. Member
    I had good luck with MJ Marine out of Wausau, but that was many years ago. Nimmer Marine in fon du lac is high on the list. I’d probably give them a shout first.

3. Member
    not in wisconsin but I highly recommend them. blackbird motors in PA, my 200 opti for example, drove there on thursday, dropped off my boat that afternoon, drove home Friday with a completely fresh 200 opti rebuild, bored cyls. ,flowed injectors. new fuel lines, new air pump. 8900$, check them out Blackbird Motors its worth the drive

4. Member
    You could call team marine in lax.

5. Member
    Give the Boat Doc in Lomira Wi. a call. Excellent reputation.

6. Member
    If you're willing to travel a bit look up Eldies marine in dubuque ia area. 2nd to none when it comes to rebuilds. Long outstanding reputation. They have done lots of rebuilds and know every in and out. Both a merc and yam dealer. Small family owned business. Not a marina.

7. Member
    Thanks all.
    2013 BassCat Eyra
    Mercury Pro XS 250

Merten marine in oshkosh, they do merc work for the cpo,s and some racing motors. Great guys. They will tell you as it is.

9. Member
    kelly marine in watertown wis.

10. Member
    I'm glad Bandon had a great experience with blackbird motors. I did not. I bought what I thought was a merc 250 pro xs and I payed for that only to get a 225 pro xs. Blackbird did not make it right. Could not sue him to the fact no one wanted the case. Not enough for them to worry about. Consequently I got screwed on the entire deal. I will never recommend blackbird ever.
    Find out who your local marine dealer works with to rebuild motors and go with them. Stay away from blackbird. Bad news!!!!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 206 Champ View Post
    I'm glad Bandon had a great experience with blackbird motors. I did not. I bought what I thought was a merc 250 pro xs and I payed for that only to get a 225 pro xs. Blackbird did not make it right. Could not sue him to the fact no one wanted the case. Not enough for them to worry about. Consequently I got screwed on the entire deal. I will never recommend blackbird ever.
    Find out who your local marine dealer works with to rebuild motors and go with them. Stay away from blackbird. Bad news!!!!
    WOW I read the reviews for these guys and LOL no way they touch my boat. I had heard some others said something about them on facebook before too about worthless warranty's.

12. Member
    I 2nd The Boat Doc in Lomira! Mercury geniuses!
    Most likely Ethan or Dale will answer the phone and give you the next steps! Sorry to hear about the bad news. Good news is you're moving on and taking care of it. Hope you back on the water soon!

920-269-2628