2022 Tracker PT195 txw - Slides off the Trailer

Anyone else have issues with these boats wanting to leap off the trailer into the water? I can't get any slack on the strap when I try to unhook it. The one time I got slack in the strap and was able to unhook the boat, when I stepped onto the bow to get in it from the trailer it started sliding off the trailer! LOL. My previous boat (Ranger) usually required me starting the motor and reversing it off the trailer.

May try the Drotto Latch but if there's a cheaper solution I'm all ears!
    2022 Tracker PT 195 TXW
    Mercury Pro XS 150hp Four stroke
    Minn Kota Terrova 55 TM 12 volt
    Garmin Echomap 73sv on Console
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv on bow
    Garmin Livescope GLS 10

2. Member
    Maybe don’t back in so deep???

3. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Crank the big motor and put it in gear...or don't back in so deep.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

No one likes a pot licker or GPS pirate. FIND YOUR OWN FISH!

4. Member
    Try this; Unwind the winch to were you have about a 8 inch loop in the winch strap as it is still hooked to the bow eye.
    Lock the winch handle to were the boat will not freewheel out when you back down into the water.
    Back down slowly until the boat starts to float, it will jerk a little once it gets tight. Pull truck up a little until you see the flat of the front fender step on the trailer.
    Stop truck, put in park, apply emergency brake, walk back to winch and wind up the boat about 3 or 4 inches and you should have slack now to un hook the bow eye.
    Enter boat and drive off of trailer. A little practice and it will work unless the ramp is real steep or real shallow.
    I usually do not even get my feet wet this way.
    Also the dealer told me these 195 Trackers will slide off onto the boat ramp as you are backing down. keep winch strap connected and the handle locked

"good luck"

5. Member
    Sounds like a good problem to have. For my boat to get off of the trailer I have to back it in so far that I have to climb in the back of my truck and drop the tailgate down to unhook it and get in the boat without getting my feet wet, then I have to back it off of the trailer with the outboard.

6. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    I will say that a set of Ultimate Bunk Boards solved all my loading and unloading issues with my Tracker. Just be mindful that they're slick as owl snot. As long as the prop can grab water that boat is coming off the trailer if it doesn't slide off on its own first and loading is a breeze.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    Maybe don’t back in so deep???
    I was barely in the water. Still dry on the ramp where I stepped up onto the tongue to get in the boat.
    2022 Tracker PT 195 TXW
    Mercury Pro XS 150hp Four stroke
    Minn Kota Terrova 55 TM 12 volt
    Garmin Echomap 73sv on Console
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv on bow
    Garmin Livescope GLS 10

8. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbeasley62 View Post
    I was barely in the water. Still dry on the ramp where I stepped up onto the tongue to get in the boat.
    One thing I was warned about when I bought my Tracker was to NEVER unhook the nose strap until ready for it to go in the water. A couple people on here warned me about it and a guy that works at the marina on my home lake did too. I have had to help someone get their brand new white 175txw back on the trailer after it hit the ramp. I was checking in with the girl at the marina as we heard a BONK. She said "probably another Tracker sitting on the ramp". This guy was lucky with no real damage to his hull. I don't call a little missing paint on the bottom "damage" because that's gonna happen anyway with normal use.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

9. Member
    My Classic XL will slide right off, have to be careful. First time out, backed trailer to waters edge, my son climbed in, I went to loosen the strap and it started to slide, wasn't a steep ramp either.

10. Member
    I have the Drotto Catch n Release system on my bow catch and bunk wraps. I also use the EZ Steps on the trailer. So once the boat is prepped at the top of the ramp, I unhook the winch strap, back down to the water. I then use the steps to get into the boat, start the engine and let her warm up. When ready, I just walk up to the bow and grab the rope attached to the Drotto release arm and give it a yank. Boat slides right off. Tie up to the dock and go park my truck. When coming home, it's just the reverse procedure. Easy Peasy. When you're an older man with a bad back and other aches and pains, this system allows me to launch and load by myself. It's not cheap, but I had to do it if I wanted to keep on fishing.
    BTW; my boat is a 2009 PT 170 TX

11. Member
    Ditto on the Drotto.. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBiscuit View Post
    I have the Drotto Catch n Release system on my bow catch and bunk wraps. I also use the EZ Steps on the trailer. So once the boat is prepped at the top of the ramp, I unhook the winch strap, back down to the water. I then use the steps to get into the boat, start the engine and let her warm up. When ready, I just walk up to the bow and grab the rope attached to the Drotto release arm and give it a yank. Boat slides right off. Tie up to the dock and go park my truck. When coming home, it's just the reverse procedure. Easy Peasy. When you're an older man with a bad back and other aches and pains, this system allows me to launch and load by myself. It's not cheap, but I had to do it if I wanted to keep on fishing.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBiscuit View Post
    Make that rope long enough to reach the cockpit so you don't have to leave your seat.

13. Member
    Mine slid off first time out hit the ramp bounced back up on the trailer and then slid into the water. Luckily the driver saw what was happening and didn't linger halfway down the ramp. It wasn't so slick after year two doesnt really slide at all now

14. Member
    Just do not unhook it until the trailer is at least partially in the water.