2011 mercury pro xs 225 can’t get full rpm

2011 pro xs 225 serial number 1b805600 model number 1225p73ed I can’t get over 4700 rpm and hole shot is bad, same prop and last weekend ran top notch and didn’t change a thing and every tank of fuel run a fuel stabilizer.What can be the problem? Not missing or spidering and just purs at idle.
    Last edited by R491V; 05-31-2023 at 02:46 PM.

2. Member
    Not missing or spidering!

3. Member
    basics first , do spark test on all 6 , i cant tell you how many times ive had people tell me it idles perfect , on 5 cyls = no spark on one as well as several others , does warning horn sound at key on ?????
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    Horn does sound when 1st hit the start button then shuts right off when engine starts ,when running no warning horn at all.

5. Member
    likely not going into guardian then if no beeps occurring
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    Well took the boat out and started running rough when I would get on the gas, not overheating according to smart craft around 128 degrees. Starting to think it’s a fuel problem like fuel pump going or fuel rail.

7. Member
    spark test and fuel psi test will tell us

8. Member
    Be sure to check fuel lines. I have had one collapse almost completely and cause similar issues.