Good afternoon all. I wanted to reach out as I am struggling with getting a little more speed out of our boat. So the boat is an Xpress X19, with a an '08 Evinrude E-tec Ho 150HP on it. Have had a 24 p Raker on it. First time I took the boat out, I realized the whole shot is stupid fast. I am topping out at probably 50-55 with two grown men and a tournament load. I have a 4 blade 27p and a tempest 25p I could toss on it. We have a 10 inch offset hydraulic jack plate on it. Anyway we were playing with trim and the jackplate this weekend. I noticed that we are getting great water pressure even when we drop speed while raising the jack plate. We are missing the last 250 or so RPM out of the motor based on our analogue rpm gauge. Anyway, I went to a prop shop with all three props I have to ask some questions. When I mentioned all of this to the guy at the shop he said I will get more speed out of the rpm's I am missing then by increasing the prop pitch. So he thinks I need to drop down to a 22 or 21 and then I will get more speed out of it. His logic although counter intuitive, makes since.

Anyway anyone have any other similar experiences?

RickM