Thread: Advance auto?

Advance auto?

Sold off hard on earnings. I haven't really looked into it yet but good p/e and dividend unless they're cutting it or something. Anyone own it?

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I almost bought it months ago. I was looking into the auto parts companies for an idea I had and $AAP was the weakest of them all. I listened to my gut and avoided it. Sure glad I did. They cut the div and missed on everything. At some point an activist gets involved.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I almost bought it months ago. I was looking into the auto parts companies for an idea I had and $AAP was the weakest of them all. I listened to my gut and avoided it. Sure glad I did. They cut the div and missed on everything. At some point an activist gets involved.
    It looked like they cut the dividend 83%. That is quite a cut.

4. Member
    Spending $375 million this quarter and only have $275 million in liquid assets...
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

5. Member
    Yeah the chart looks like trash too really. It's a shame

6. Member
    I think there are to many auto parts stores out there. They all have had bad earnings recently. Maybe a good ole consolidation is in order.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    I think there are to many auto parts stores out there. They all have had bad earnings recently. Maybe a good ole consolidation is in order.
    Well the issue with those brick and mortar stores is their cost of goods. For example, I needed a sensor for my truck. O'Reilly's wanted $120. I bought an OEM new one on eBay for $30. I like to support the brick and mortar locations, especially the local ones, but there comes a time when you just can't.

8. Member
    I buy some stuff from my local auto parts shops, but rockauto can get me most things for half the price, even with shipping costs. Heavy stuff is usually best at the local shop. Oil/air filters are much cheaper at RA....
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS