Pro 10 or Live 12

Will be replacing a Carbon 12 at the dash with my Live 12 from the bow. Trying to decide if a Pro 10 is big enough for the bow. Or just go with another Live 12. Don't plan on changing out to HD 3in1 so it would be a unit without transducer. I do use AT2 at the bow along with 2D. Still significant cost savings and bigger unit with the Live 12. Just can't decide.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

2. Member
    Unless you want to run 2 AT2s and no other transducers, Then no technical advantage for the Pro, If you are going to run mostly mapping on the 10 the resolution in a smaller screen will pop with great detail on the 10, From a resale both 10 and live 12 will have great resale. Since Pros are new and will have a longer life support after warranty that alone would move me to the Pro unit. With all the changes in the marine world, haveing a Pro will at lease give you move ahead in new Tech without buying another unit just for that. Good luck with your decision, its not always easy.

3. Member
    I would go with the Pro 10 over a LIVE 12. Check the rebate page to see if you qualify since you bought an AT2...
    ciao,
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Will be replacing a Carbon 12 at the dash with my Live 12 from the bow. Trying to decide if a Pro 10 is big enough for the bow. Or just go with another Live 12. Don't plan on changing out to HD 3in1 so it would be a unit without transducer. I do use AT2 at the bow along with 2D. Still significant cost savings and bigger unit with the Live 12. Just can't decide.

NoCAL
    If only running a single unit at console, I would go with the 12 personally, as you likely will have screen splits with only a single unit. But if running duals at the console, 10 Pro would be plenty, esp if dedicated to map.

5. Member
    Looks like I'm going with a Live over a Pro for now. In a year, I can switch out the bow Live for a Pro. Thanks fellas.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

6. Member
    I was in your same predicament and I too went with the 12 Live.

7. Member
    I replaced the Live 9 at the console with a Pro 10, then the Live 12 on the bow with a Pro 10 and installed the Live 9 up front (SonarPros did a fantastic job on the install). I will upgrade the Live 9 to a Pro 10 soon as funds allow.

Just took the family to Disneyland, not a cheap trip so funds are a bit depleted!

8. Member
    12 live all day right now, some excellent clean used Live's for half the price.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS