Powerhead gasket

Serial #2B362821. When backflushing the motor there was water pouring out from the powerhead gasket area so going to replace the gasket. Since I am pulling the powerhead is there anything else I should replace while the powerhead is off? Was thinking about the lower crankshaft seal but it’s not leaking so looking for opinions if I should go ahead and replace it while in there or leave it be.
    Last edited by crappiefisher; 05-31-2023 at 11:57 AM.

Critical to follow the torque sequence and torque specs. Torque wrench and adaptor will be needed.
    You may have the newer Victor Rienez gaskets hopefully, easy cleaning. However they do not seem to hold up as well as the old gaskets so I use aviation sealer on that gasket as I believe this will eliminate the slippage problem I am seeing.
    Can not stress enough proper surface prep, got to be flat and clean. touch up surface areas with black etching primer as needed.
    Loctite SF 790 gasket remover
    Stud remover recommended to make clean up a lot easier.
    Consider replacing the lower adaptor plate gasket as well.
    I would if high hours or any signs of leakage replace the end cap seal assy as well.
    Leaking and weeping are two different things, weeping is ok, very minor evidence of oil film no drips or runs.
    If any doubt, replace it.

I am sure Don and Joe will be along to add there take on this. They get the final word on this matter.
    Last edited by lpugh; 05-31-2023 at 10:07 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    that right there ^^^^^^
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................