Question Where do you like to buy your marine tinned wire?

I want to redo some wiring under my console (short-term repair) and will eventually rewire my 1985 Skeeter SF-175. For those who have done anywhere between a repair/minor update to a full rewire, where do you like to buy your wire from? Although I don’t need but a few feet of multiple colors now, I might as well buy in bulk for the larger project down the road (probably this fall and winter).
    Last edited by jjue1979; 05-31-2023 at 08:05 PM. Reason: type: feed for feet

2. Member
    Amazon
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

same, I buy Ancor tinned wire in spools from Amazon, along with connectors, shrink wrap, etc. Just buy brand name like Ancor, not DimSungYoo brand or whatever...

https://www.amazon.com/Ancor-Marine-.../dp/B07ZSDK651

4. Member
    Thanks for the thoughts. I had bought Ancor for when I ran my 10ga circuits for my fish finders, so I was thinking of Ancor again--I just didn't know if there are other recommended brands from other vendors in case there is a shortage or shipping delay.

5. Member

6. Member
    customcableusa.com. They are local to me in Brunswick, Ga. Great locally owned folks and products, quality, and pricing is very good.

7. Member
    Make sure it is certified Marine graded wherever you buy! The very fine tinned wire and the composition of the insulation are also important. The wire must have those certifications printed on the insulation to be sure about what you are getting. Those are the reasons some cost more than the others. Anchor is a good bet, but there are other sources. Do the research, I only want to do this once and I am on my second boat I have kept for 20 years. Good fishing Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

8. Member
    I am also in the Ancor Marine corner. I redid my entire boat (floor, carpet, pumps, added a re-circ pump and timer, wiring, lights, stereo system, blue seas fuse boxes, switches, electronics, lithium batteries, etc) and used Ancor Marine wire and Ancor Marine heat shrink connectors on everything. It turned out better than I thought it would. I purchased all the Ancor items on amazon. Ancor makes really good stuff in my opinion.

9. Member
    I get Ancor from Wholesale Marine. I'm sure you can find it a little cheaper elsewhere (maybe) but every time I've gotten it I needed switches, fuse panels etc and Wholesale is a nice one stop shop.

10. Member
    Have made more than a few orders through genuinedealz.com. Looks like they updated their website https://www.customcableusa.com/collections/boat

They have spools of tinned marine wire and many connectors/parts for marine wiring. They also can custom make cables as well. Custom orders have always been fast and shipped within a few days. Well worth having a high qaulity end connector with shrink tubing, etc.

I've also ordered through Gregswiresupply when I redid my trailer with tinned wire. All good experiences.

Amazon is good but recommend sticking to a known good brand like Anchor.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by friogatto View Post
    Have made more than a few orders through genuinedealz.com. Looks like they updated their website https://www.customcableusa.com/collections/boat

They have spools of tinned marine wire and many connectors/parts for marine wiring. They also can custom make cables as well. Custom orders have always been fast and shipped within a few days. Well worth having a high qaulity end connector with shrink tubing, etc.

I've also ordered through Gregswiresupply when I redid my trailer with tinned wire. All good experiences.

Amazon is good but recommend sticking to a known good brand like Anchor.
    Thanks for the link! I like having all of the supplies that I need in one location that is pretty easy to find rather than having to sift through a bunch of Amazon results. To me, time and money, and I really don't have all day.

Quote Originally Posted by bpicinc View Post
    Amazon
    There are a few other sites that you might find it cheaper on occasion, but Amazon is the cheapest place if you dig deep enough.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"