Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

It's a level playing field now I assume?

I have no clue what these FFS cost or what the difference in brands are. I don't have it, won't have it. I couldn't afford it I am sure of that, nor would I have any clue of how to use it. Castledine made this video and i found it interesting. But one thing he didn't say was that all "pros" can have it so nobody in the pro tours are at a disadvantage on that end. Now he maybe right about local tournaments. or club tournaments. But the pros should be on a level playing field by this point, I assume. So this whole debate over FFS as being an advantage doesn't hold water. If all the elites and BPT guys have it then nobody has a leg up right? so why all the debate?
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

2. Member
    It’s really not as expensive as people make it out to be. I got it this spring for a little less than $1700. It was LVS 32 not 34 though.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

Pretty much the same reason there was some much drama of the a-rig. Some people don't like and/or don't want to use/learn to use it so they don't want those that do to have an advantage. And while it is popular on this site to bash Randy, he makes a point that we are already overfishing some of our fisheries and this just exacerbates the problem. I don't know if he is correct but that is worth exploring to see if it is true.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WStorey View Post
    It’s really not as expensive as people make it out to be. I got it this spring for a little less than $1700. It was LVS 32 not 34 though.
    think real hard about what you just said. You make it sound like everyone has $1700 in pocket change. The fishing world is going insane.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RJR View Post
    think real hard about what you just said. You make it sound like everyone has $1700 in pocket change. The fishing world is going insane.
    Well I figured since we all pay for everything with cash here on BBC that $1700 would be nothing.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

6. Member
    Around 3500$ if you want a 12” screen. Maybe a little less but still a pretty good chunk. If you first buy the unit and then the next year get the 34 outfit it’s almost doable for someone like me. But I don’t tournament fish nowadays so it’s not really needed just to have a good time. I hope to be able to get a Force TM next early spring. I think I would get more use from that as it would make it a little less work on windy days. Which most seem to be. At least until it’s 95 degrees and then it will not blow no matter how much you beg!

Quote Originally Posted by RJR View Post
    In the overall cost of bass fishing 1700 is nothing.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    In the overall cost of bass fishing 1700 is nothing.
    exactly.....if you own a bass boat and are fishing tournaments almost everybody can afford ffs if they want it

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    I think I would get more use from that as it would make it a little less work on windy days. Which most seem to be. At least until it’s 95 degrees and then it will not blow no matter how much you beg!
    Ain't that the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Pretty much the same reason there was some much drama of the a-rig. Some people don't like and/or don't want to use/learn to use it so they don't want those that do to have an advantage. And while it is popular on this site to bash Randy, he makes a point that we are already overfishing some of our fisheries and this just exacerbates the problem. I don't know if he is correct but that is worth exploring to see if it is true.
    I don’t know about lakes getting over fished, but if so Randy’s not hurting them any. About all he does is piss and moan.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

A real good not "top of the line" graph is going to cost more than $1,700

But if you wait for the sales you can put a very nice livescope setup on your boat for that price like WStorey mentioned

Sure you can say bass tournament fishing is a sport but what most of us do is a hobby and you invest in that hobby what you can or want and you shouldn’t blame or complain someone else for investing more than you

You get what you put into it and if you don’t or can’t afford it don’t expect to compete at the same level

This also includes time on the water and educating yourself on equipment and techniques There are way too many people that put little time into these areas and expect to compete at the same level of people that do the work

FFS is just the next new thing people can blame for not getting to hold the big blue trophy over their head

I fished one FLW tournament and swung for the fence and stunk up the show this was back when Side imaging had just came out and I had an older boat with 10 year old graphs and I could have blamed it all on that but I knew I only had one person to blame and that was me

We have lower lever tournaments right down to club events for people that can’t or won’t invest the time or money so I can see why there is a NO FFS series coming out I doubt it will ever be a big thing but there is a place for it and the people that can’t or won’t get FFS

Just stop complaining! It’s just another 5% whining that the rest of us should change so you don’t have to make the effort (seems to be the norm these days)
    "The handicapped angler"

Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Until Randy or anyone else can prove with hard factual evidence done scientifically that we are over fishing our fisheries I won’t ever believe someone’s opinion. There is a difference between fact and opinion.

13. Member
    so would we all agree that at the Elite and BPT levels every angler is equal in equipment?

2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

14. Scraps
    Heck, you kin git in the FFS game for well under $2k. Around $800 for used AT along with a compatible unit, maybe not a 12in screen, around $1600.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

15. Member
    If I was that worried about my health I would find a new place to live and let the landlord take me to court if he wanted

Quote Originally Posted by n2bassn View Post
    Until Randy or anyone else can prove with hard factual evidence done scientifically that we are over fishing our fisheries I won’t ever believe someone’s opinion. There is a difference between fact and opinion.
    Exactly! The same Chicken Little impression was done back when Carl Lowrance came out with his Little Green Box. A couple of states even tried to ban his Green Box claiming that all their lakes would be completely fished out in a short time.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

17. Member
    I would think that the fish will adapt to it like everything else in nature has done when we get tech savvy.
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Bass View Post
    I have no clue what these FFS cost or what the difference in brands are. I don't have it, won't have it. I couldn't afford it I am sure of that, nor would I have any clue of how to use it. Castledine made this video and i found it interesting. But one thing he didn't say was that all "pros" can have it so nobody in the pro tours are at a disadvantage on that end. Now he maybe right about local tournaments. or club tournaments. But the pros should be on a level playing field by this point, I assume. So this whole debate over FFS as being an advantage doesn't hold water. If all the elites and BPT guys have it then nobody has a leg up right? so why all the debate?
    You can get a Garmin 93SV and livescope 32 setup for $1500, a small fraction of what a 2021 Triton TRX18 with a 200 costs. It's not the "game changer" that everyone says it is however, you can still be competitive and win tournaments without it, happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by high 2 View Post
    I don’t know about lakes getting over fished, but if so Randy’s not hurting them any. About all he does is piss and moan.

Like I said, its popular to bash him
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Quote Originally Posted by n2bassn View Post
    Right, which is why I said I didn't know if he is correct but it is worth exploring to see if it is true.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast