Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Between tournament entry fees and expenses for a year that $50-$100k won’t cut it. Would it?
    Semper Fi

2. Member
    After entry fees and all travel/fuel/lodging expenses I would imagine you would spend 80-100k to fish all the tournaments. A guy only bringing in 50k from sponsors will still have to foot the bill for at least 30k in expenses. Guys making 100k from sponsors are sitting in a decent spot as their expenses are covered but their yearly salary is directly dependent on their tournament winnings

Heard rumors years ago guys like KVD, Skeet and a couple other "Top Teir" Pros were making $600K-$750K per year in sponsorship money.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Heard rumors years ago guys like KVD, Skeet and a couple other "Top Teir" Pros were making $600K-$750K per year in sponsorship money.
    That wasn't a rumor, it was published in bassmaster magazine.

5. Member
    Trait Zaldain really stole the show in this podcast. She asked the tough questions, while barely cutting Lee off during his answers. Gold star!

6. Member
    Thanks for posting this. I like Livesay as an Elite and will enjoy his channel. I saw the link to Zaldain this morning but after trying the Zaldain channel a couple times in the past I wasnt much interested. Will give this one a listen.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by morrcat33 View Post
    Trait Zaldain really stole the show in this podcast. She asked the tough questions, while barely cutting Lee off during his answers. Gold star!

I agree. She has found a niche she is pretty dang good at. She has done that in many of the podcasts and it is refreshing to see some hard questions asked. I did find it interesting them mentioning scraping a whole podcast after the fact due to some stuff that apparently was talked about. I would love to know who that podcast was with.

Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    I remember when the split happened and those that left BASS said they weren't getting their fair share or making money and thought to myself "but your Man Cave video of your 5,000 sqft house full of various toys like RVs, pleasure boats, ATVs, and such ....looked like you're doing pretty good".
    I remember that also and could grasp them complaining about not getting enough money and then showing all there stuff they own never made sense to me.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RANGER487 View Post
    I remember that also and could grasp them complaining about not getting enough money and then showing all there stuff they own never made sense to me.
    Just because you are doing well doesn't prevent you from being taken advantage of. The anglers thought they were worth more. It looks like they may have been wrong about it. But even though I'm doing pretty good myself, I'm not turning down a better opportunity if it arises.

Does anyone know if the podcast is on Spotify? I can only find it on Youtube and I wanted to listen at work.

11. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by wirerat99 View Post
    Does anyone know if the podcast is on Spotify? I can only find it on Youtube and I wanted to listen at work.
    Just play the Youtube and listen to the sound. Just listened as I was driving through my Bluetooth to the truck.. I do it all the time.

I think he said they are making the 50-100 K not counting entry fees. With 98 anglers that is a lot of money being paid by someone.

Been a Livesay fan even back when he was taking our money in Bass Champs

13. Member
    Of all the 10K or so of guys who tried to make a living career 'pro' bass fishing.... and i bet there are more than 10K that tried.... i would guess that maybe 100 people in the entire country in the last 20 years lived above the low-income blue collar level doing it and the 9K others lost their shirt, family and house.... and the other 900 were well-off and just do it as a hobby as a side to their well-established careers. I watched one show where Bill Lowen showed how his entire family travels with him and they home school the kids in the camp grounds. You have to have a special wife that wants to give up her identity man to do that... crazy.. there are so many other things you have to give up beyond having a good income and benefits :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tallman View Post
    Of all the 10K or so of guys who tried to make a living career 'pro' bass fishing.... and i bet there are more than 10K that tried.... i would guess that maybe 100 people in the entire country in the last 20 years lived above the low-income blue collar level doing it and the 9K others lost their shirt, family and house.... and the other 900 were well-off and just do it as a hobby as a side to their well-established careers. I watched one show where Bill Lowen showed how his entire family travels with him and they home school the kids in the camp grounds. You have to have a special wife that wants to give up her identity man to do that... crazy.. there are so many other things you have to give up beyond having a good income and benefits :)

Thank goodness there are still dreamers out there. We need more people out chasingbrown their dreams in aspects of life.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by morrcat33 View Post
    Kind of ironic for her to call out "rich kids sitting on a dock with a camera there parents bought, that have no business being there"

Because that describes her 10000% in the opens.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Basskicker907 View Post
    Kind of ironic for her to call out "rich kids sitting on a dock with a camera there parents bought, that have no business being there"

Because that describes her 10000% in the opens.

17. Member
    A lot of guys get royalties on goods they design. Think of all the money spent on Strike King KVD squarebills. Kevin doesn’t give his name to a company, he’s there at the end of the month with his hand out and probably gets .25 for every squarebill sold, maybe more. You think Brett Hite and Morizo Shimizu just lets ZMan have their names on the package for free baits?
    Licensing/designing product puts the hay in the barn, the professional bass trails are the avenue to get there.
    Nobody has called me to design something, have they called you?
    Joey Aderhold

Quote Originally Posted by jaderhold View Post
    A lot of guys get royalties on goods they design. Think of all the money spent on Strike King KVD squarebills. Kevin doesn’t give his name to a company, he’s there at the end of the month with his hand out and probably gets .25 for every squarebill sold, maybe more. You think Brett Hite and Morizo Shimizu just lets ZMan have their names on the package for free baits?
    Licensing/designing product puts the hay in the barn, the professional bass trails are the avenue to get there.
    Nobody has called me to design something, have they called you?
    Hite talked about all the hands that are out to get money off 1 chatter bait its silly.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

Quote Originally Posted by hoochhybrid View Post
    I agree. She has found a niche she is pretty dang good at. She has done that in many of the podcasts and it is refreshing to see some hard questions asked. I did find it interesting them mentioning scraping a whole podcast after the fact due to some stuff that apparently was talked about. I would love to know who that podcast was with.
    Agree Trait is pretty good on those pod casts.

20. Member
    I wish She would ask the questions let them answer the question then talk.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast