New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

Spot lock at the end of the day????

Fished a tourney the other day in winds of 20mph with gust to 30 and after about 6 hours the Ultrex 24 volt motor would no longer stay on spot lock , was this because the batteries where worn down to where they could not provide enough power to stay on spot lock, motor still oved and steered ok ????
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    Fished a tourney the other day in winds of 20mph with gust to 30 and after about 6 hours the Ultrex 24 volt motor would no longer stay on spot lock , was this because the batteries where worn down to where they could not provide enough power to stay on spot lock, motor still oved and steered ok ????
    Possibly. I have fished in extremely heavy current where the motor couldn’t hold and after it moved a certain distance, it would kick out of spotlock. I could reengage and it would stay until it moved back some and then kick out again.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Member
    Very probably both. The 24 volt motor was probably pulling 20 Amps or more and your batteries had to be getting low. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

4. Member
    I totally agree with both Bob and Bill. It is hard to keep batteries juiced up if the troll motor is fighting 20-30 MPH winds.