Lynx/300 Pro XS Bravo prop info..

I have a 26 Bravo XS coming to try on my 2020 Lynx with a 300 Pro XS 4S..for those who have tried this prop what PVS plug setup works best..i have read some that say plug solid 2 holes opposite sides and do the holes furthest from the gearcase or the holes toward the middle of the blades..Lynx/250 guys can jump in with any info also..Thanks..
    2020 Basscat Lynx..
    2020 Mercury 300 Pro XS 4S..

2. Member
    Bump-Anybody??
    2020 Basscat Lynx..

Go here, we had a long running discussion on Lynx props, and why the Bravo was the one. I'm sure the PVS info is there, I ran 2 plugs, but don't remember which, closest or furthest from the gear case.
    https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread...highlight=lynx

4. Member
    You got the right prop! I’m running 3 plugged on my Puma STS w a 300. Could probably drop to 2 and still be fine. In my experience position of the plugs hasn’t mattered.

5. Member
    I need to add pvs holes to mine but it runs pretty good with no vent holes. Hole shot struggles with a heavy load with no vent holes
    2019 Basscat Lynx 300 Merc
    2001 Stroker

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroker250xs View Post
    I need to add pvs holes to mine but it runs pretty good with no vent holes. Hole shot struggles with a heavy load with no vent holes
    What prop are you running and what pitch? Is it a Bravo with no vent holes?
    2020 Basscat Lynx..

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbhanger51 View Post
    You got the right prop! I’m running 3 plugged on my Puma STS w a 300. Could probably drop to 2 and still be fine. In my experience position of the plugs hasn’t mattered.
    What top speed and rpm’s are you seeing with that combo?
    2020 Basscat Lynx..

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton03Vance View Post
    What top speed and rpm’s are you seeing with that combo?
    77@6050 moderate tackle load half fuel by myself with lithiums and poles.

9. Member
    I haven’t ran it in about a year but I think it ran 76-77 but needs to be worked. I need to take the time and get it worked because it ran very well. My everyday prop is a stock 25p tempest and it runs 80.
    2001 Stroker

10. Member
    Update..I ran the prop today and 2 things i noticed different from the Fury 4..I have a manual jackplate set flush from the factory, poles and standard batteries..with that being said the Bravo is about 2 mph faster on top than the Fury 4, i ran 77.7 @ 6180 rpm,s with empty well and half tank of fuel on both sides..Fury 4 would top out at about 75.6 mph..now the most noticable thing was the Bravo carries the nose of the boat better at cruising speed than the Fury 4, which has a longer prop barrel and i think is raising the stern more and pushing the bow down..i solid plugged 2 holes on the Bravo opposite sides and did the holes closest to the prop nut and other 6 wide open and holeshot was good..i was pretty happy with the Fury 4 but in my opinion the Bravo XS takes this boat/motor combo to the next step and makes it a little better..
    2020 Basscat Lynx..

A hydraulic jackplate is a big help on the Lynx, it helps you dial the boat in a lot better. I would have hated mine without it, I used it every time I put the boat on pad, I lifted it for holeshot and dropped it to run.

12. Member
    When I had my lynx, hydraulic jackplate was a must. Raise it before u take off and then lower it as u start gaining speed. I had a 300 on my lynx and the bravo was the best. I had a 300 but wasn’t the pro xs so my info isn’t apples to apples but I still feel jackplate was critical.

13. Member
    Sounds like you have you jackplate set well. My lynx likes the jackplate running fairly low and I can’t remember what I ran my bravo at. I’m recovering from a surgery but when I’m able to get back out I plan to play with it more and get it worked. I hope it’s capable of 80 with a light load and I think it may do it. I’ve ran 80 with a with a tempest and fury 3 25p.
    2001 Stroker

14. Member
    I probably should have got a hydro jackplate when i ordered the boat but i just didn’t do it..the holeshot is pretty dang good for it being a manual plate though..it jumps really good when the well is empty but when you fill it the jump is a bit less..
    2020 Basscat Lynx..

15. Member
    If you decide to go to a hydraulic in the future it’s not that hard if you’re semi handy. I’ve changed several on bassboats over the years from standard to hydraulic from a limb on a tree in a yard. You’re welcome to try my tempest or fury 3 when I get the bravo worked.
    2001 Stroker

16. Member
    If you decide to go to a hydraulic in the future it’s not that hard if you’re semi handy. I’ve changed several on bassboats over the years from standard to hydraulic from a limb on a tree in a yard. You’re welcome to try my tempest or fury 3 when I get the bravo worked.
    Thanks for the prop trial offer and i may just take you up on that offer..i may go the hydro jack in the future but for now i am going to run the Bravo some more times to get a more time feel for it..no doubt the hydro would make it better but its pretty dang good with manual jack..it jumps as good or maybe a tad better than the Fury 4 i have been running..
    2020 Basscat Lynx..

17. Member
    The only pluses i benefit from a hydraulic 90% of the time is to raise the motor while idling to clear stumps or shallow water. Most lakes I fish I can hardly run hard due to trails or water conditions (I rarely run over 50-60 mph if that). Toledo bend is normally rough if you have any wind and the trails twist and turn a lot. If you happen to decide to go that route in the future I would highly recommend either a Seastar or Bob Machine Shop.
    2001 Stroker

18. Member
    The only pluses i benefit from a hydraulic 90% of the time is to raise the motor while idling to clear stumps or shallow water. Most lakes I fish I can hardly run hard due to trails or water conditions (I rarely run over 50-60 mph if that). Toledo bend is normally rough if you have any wind and the trails twist and turn a lot. If you happen to decide to go that route in the future I would highly recommend either a Seastar or Bob Machine Shop.
    Thanks for the info..if i add one in the future, it would most likely be a Bob’s..
    2020 Basscat Lynx..