Power Pole wiring

I had a jackplate relay issue the other day, and since I'm taking time to redo the harness, I'm redoing everything. The boat came from the factory with and absolute wiring mess in the battery compartment. I've put band aids on it to keep it functional, but I realize it's time to do it right once and for all. I'm going to keep the inline fuses wired to a battery switch, but what I want to know is there a way to put them with say another power lead or two (jackplate etc) on a wiring terminal and then to the switch? How about a common ground terminal as well? I'm trying to keep it as clean as possible, since there are wires everywhere.

2. Member
    wires.jpg
    I am also in the process of a total rewire. I ordered a Sea Clear for direct connect to electronics and purchased some terminal block expanders shown for all non Garmin related power connections. I am also replacing the factory fuse block with a Blue Sea block with ring connectors not those stupid spade ones. Just a word or advice if you go with terminal block expanders make sure the studs and nuts are stainless. I learned the hard way that most have plated studs and they rust. Have fun wiring can be a real PIA
    Last edited by Phoenix919; 06-06-2023 at 07:29 AM.
    Risen From The Ashes!!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix919 View Post
    Have fun wiring can be a real PIA
    Man I hear that! The first thing I've decided being 65 years old, is limiting myself to no more than an hr and a half at a time working on it. I'm retired recently, so knowing what working bent over or half way in the battery compartment can be very hard on my chest and these old bones, so taking my time won't hurt a thing. Once I got every wire unhooked and separated, I make a list of everything I need. I changed my mind about using inline fuses for Power Poles and jackplate, but instead am installing a Blue Sea Safe Hub 150 which uses MIDI AMI fuses for circuits over 30A, and blade fuses for another six circuits 30A and under. It also had a built in ground bus bar to keep everything neat. It will cost some by the time I'm finished between parts and a new Hull Marine jackplate harness and relays, but when I'm finished the headache of looking for an issue in the spaghetti mess of wires especially when out on the water, will be over for good. I'll post a pic when it's all wrapped up.

4. Member

Praying

Finished….IMG_0604.jpeg
    Last edited by jerzia; 06-15-2023 at 08:39 PM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    Finished….IMG_0604.jpeg
    looks more professionally done than a new boat from a factory!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools