New medium crankbait rod recommendations

I recently broke my maybe 15 year old G-Loomis brown CBR 843 7’ med mod-fast crankbait series rod. What would you recommend to replace it in the same action to toss small crankbaits? What rod and manufacture is your current favorite? Thank you for the advice and suggestions,

2. Member
    I like my duckett micro magic pro 7' medium cranking rod for square bills...
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

If you want a high end option, I highly recommend the Megabass JDM P5 Z-Crank Elseil. It is interestingly close in action and power to that old cinnamon 843, but far lighter and more crisp. It's an incredible rod smaller treble moving baits.

A more budget minded option is the new Daiwa Tatula Elite 701MLRB Shallow Crank/Lipless feels great in hand. I haven't fished this model yet, but I know it's going to be a good one and it's on my short list to try very soon.

4. Scraps
    St. Crois in the new Mojo or Legend lines, really like the glass tapers on some of their crankers. Heck, good ol' BPS crankin stick. As an option to that Tat Elite, just the $150 Tatulas are really nice.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. Member
    I would send it back xpeditor to loomis and get a new one for $150 if you like it

6. Member
    I can never recommend the ALX hustler enough. Such an awesome rod for shallow to mid cranking. I keep a brat on one and 3xd(or similar) on the other.
    2022 Skeeter FXR20 Limited

7. Member
    I have rods over $400 and many over $200, however I have never seen the advantage of high dollar rods for crankbait fishing. The Falcon Bucoo Trapcaster (7' MHMF) is a really good square bill, medium depth crankbait rod. 4 oz in weight and really sensitive. Best is it's $99.

8. Member
    Anyone tried those new Lews 5 and 6xd rods?
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TxBassfisher View Post
    I can never recommend the ALX hustler enough. Such an awesome rod for shallow to mid cranking. I keep a brat on one and 3xd(or similar) on the other.
    ^^This^^ I bought one this spring and love it. I was a little wary of getting it because it's a fiberglass rod, but it's as light as most graphite rods and yet it's got that buttery smooth fiberglass bend to it. It also isn't "whippy" on the cast like some other crankbait rods I've used. I've almost exclusively been throwing a Money Badger 6.25 and 6.75 on mine so far.

Dobyns for Crank rods
    I myself like the Champion series
    The rods bend were they should, Have full cork handles and a no hassle warranty.
    The 704CB is 7' Med mod fast rod

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    If you want a high end option, I highly recommend the Megabass JDM P5 Z-Crank Elseil. It is interestingly close in action and power to that old cinnamon 843, but far lighter and more crisp. It's an incredible rod smaller treble moving baits.

A more budget minded option is the new Daiwa Tatula Elite 701MLRB Shallow Crank/Lipless feels great in hand. I haven't fished this model yet, but I know it's going to be a good one and it's on my short list to try very soon.
    Hello Gary, thank you so much for your advice and recommendations. Just placed my order and I cannot wait to try out my new Elseil. Allen

12. Member
    ALX hustler, can’t be beat. Flawless when it comes to shallow to mid depth cranking. You’ll never regret it.

13. Member
    another vote alx hustler. love it
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

Quote Originally Posted by kacordy View Post
    Hello Gary, thank you so much for your advice and recommendations. Just placed my order and I cannot wait to try out my new Elseil. Allen
    You're welcome Allen, she's shipping out today, enjoy! Thanks for the order and supporting Bass Boat Central by supporting its sponsors!